Firmware: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM v1.1.1

SHAMwow

EOS R5
CR Pro
Sep 7, 2020
The tension ring on the 100-500mm works well.
Ya I wish we could get more rationale behind design choices. I feel like then I'd at least understand. Like does making a 2.8 at this range make it impossible to prevent the lens creep? As soon as it goes down to my hip, it slowly starts to extend out. I've gotten used to it, but like I've said in previous threads I'd rather have an internal zoom. It hasn't saved much space in my bag either way due to depth, can't stand it up anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I was going to update my lens, but can't find the download on the Canon page. Am I just missing it? Canon 70-200 page . I also tried from this page, which took me to the Canon 70-200 page. Having this issue on one of my R3's. Need to try it on the other one and see if it happens there.
I also tried to download the file, yet it seems to be no longer there. Anyone else has this issue?
Later edit: managed to find it on Canon Canada site!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I just grabbed mac & windows versions from the Canon USA site. Maybe a brief glitch?
I get the impression that every regional website needs to add the firmwares to their website manually, some regions are faster than others. Canon Japan and Hong Kong tend to be the first place I look, my local Canon.nl is usually days behind those. And the reminder emails tend to be weeks late.

Upvote 0