Flip-screen Sample Shots!

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
neuroanatomist said:
Holding camera up for shots over a crowd at a concert? No flippy screen required.

"The Zydeco Hog"

EOS 1D X, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM @ 200mm, 1/320 s, f/2.8, ISO 4000

The 60D's articulating screen was used in my case. Different strokes for different folks.

Attachments

• EOS 60D with 70-200VC.jpg
    EOS 60D with 70-200VC.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0

Steve Balcombe

Too much gear
Aug 1, 2014
Don Haines said:
romanr74 said:
sorry, my mistake. from pictures to be taken with 3'000 dollar equipment, which is apparently missing vital features, i expect a little bit more than what i saw so far. i didn't see anything yet where a PowerShot would not suffice.
Shot taken with an SX-50.........
And mine with a 60D bought for a song after the 70D was launched, and an old Sigma 18-50 which cost around £250.

Upvote 0
I was using my Canon 6D on a tripod to shoot in Lower Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona, last summer. The combination worked okay for many photos, but because my old Manfrotto 'pod isn't particularly tall, I was frustrated when I wanted to shoot up toward the sky above the canyon walls. I had forgotten to bring my Aputure Gigtube monitor on the trip (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141280004090?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82), which would have helped. I tried to use EOS Remote to view the camera's framing on my iPhone, but positioning the camera and holding the phone was too cumbersome. So I used my G1X and its floppy screen, and it allowed me to take this shot, my favorite. In my opinion, it should be possible for companies to engineer fully articulated screens to be rugged enough for "professional use," whatever that means. They don't add that much bulk, and if you don't need them, they stay out of the way. Why not have a functional feature that serves real photographers who shoot a wide variety of subjects?

Attachments

• ROADTRIP.15.0169.JPG
    ROADTRIP.15.0169.JPG
    456.2 KB · Views: 408
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
neuroanatomist said:
StudentOfLight said:
The 60D's articulating screen was used in my case. Different strokes for different folks.

True! My shot was at an outdoor venue lit by the setting sun – I used ISO 4000, but I wouldn't go there on APS-C.

My shot was at Mango Groove's Summer Sunset concert at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. A friend of mine did all the the rigging for the concert so there was good lighting. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0