Flowers and other Flora

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Lovely picture. Nicely done, josephandrews.
Thanks. I literally know nothing about taking pictures of blooms/blossoms/flowers etc. No snark intended: reading (and contributing) to this forum is a nice diversion for yours truly, especially during these pandemic times.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
So it started here (two or three posts previous to this one):

...and led to these the next day--

5D3_2112 - Copy.JPG

5D3_2134 - Copy downsized.jpgIMG_1990 - Copy downsized.jpg

...(from top-to-bottom): 5D3 + EF 35mm f2 IS for the first two, M6Mk2 + EF-M 28mm macro for the last one; the last two images were not cropped, only downsized

(1) With the help of Google Images for identification purposes, the bug is a tree cricket?

(2) Macro photography on a sunny, windy day with a moving bug as the subject, a subject that seems to sense my presence...is difficult! A few quick tips from those reading this are welcome...

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
So it started here (two or three posts previous to this one):

...and led to these the next day--

View attachment 203170

View attachment 203171View attachment 203172

...(from top-to-bottom): 5D3 + EF 35mm f2 IS for the first two, M6Mk2 + EF-M 28mm macro for the last one; the last two images were not cropped, only downsized

(1) With the help of Google Images for identification purposes, the bug is a tree cricket?

(2) Macro photography on a sunny, windy day with a moving bug as the subject, a subject that seems to sense my presence...is difficult! A few quick tips from those reading this are welcome...
I know I'm very late responding, but the bug looks to me like a nymph of an assassin bug or some other true bug. I thik it is predatory, based on the long mouthparts. Nice photo!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0