Flowers and other Flora

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
npdien said:
Click said:
I really like your pictures, npdien. :)

Tell me, where do you live in the world to get such beautiful flowers.

Hi Click and Jack
Jack is right as I live in VN. In my case, I happen to make friend with a florist and landscaping contractor. We make an implicit deal that they can use my flower photos for their business and I can access their resources. In addition, people often plant flower trees in front of their houses in my neighborhood. I think there are beautiful flowers everywhere. Dpc's flower photos and other people's photos posted here indicate beautiful flowers are more abundant in North America. The biggest problem I face is shortage of ideas about picture compositions rather than shortage of flowers. I find flowers everywhere I go but how to take their photos that show their best is always very challenging. Very often, interesting ideas do not come in time. They just come too late and the opportunities for taking photos incorporating them have already passed.
Cheers, Dien

You little devil. So now the truth is out. ;) You have a wonderful arrangement and you are doing a super job, win-win for both sides. Yes we need to keep our eyes open for the flowers and our minds open on the composition. I guess there are only so many poses but so far you're really making good us of your compositional skills. Like I said before, a real inspiration. Fine work!

Jack

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
npdien,
Love your style of floral photographs. Without seeing your name attached to a photo, I can now recognize that it is yours!
I think Asia, especially in the southwest China, there are tremendous variety/species of flowers, as well as in southwest Pacific Ocean/Indian Ocean area because of the weather and geography. I believe that the Ice Age killed a lot of fauna and flora in the north hemisphere and we in the North American continent got fewer species. What we have at plant stores are mostly transplanted from Asia, like a lot of lilies, dahlia (the name derived from Chinese) and the like.
I visited Hanoi and Sapa in Vietnam. Just love the places we went to, the people were one of the friendliest/best I know. Still want to go back!
Enjoyed your photos.
-r

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
npdien,
Love your style of floral photographs. Without seeing your name attached to a photo, I can now recognize that it is yours!
I think Asia, especially in the southwest China, there are tremendous variety/species of flowers, as well as in southwest Pacific Ocean/Indian Ocean area because of the weather and geography. I believe that the Ice Age killed a lot of fauna and flora in the north hemisphere and we in the North American continent got fewer species. What we have at plant stores are mostly transplanted from Asia, like a lot of lilies, dahlia (the name derived from Chinese) and the like.
I visited Hanoi and Sapa in Vietnam. Just love the places we went to, the people were one of the friendliest/best I know. Still want to go back!
Enjoyed your photos.
-r

Watch out Riley, I'm going to be learning from Dien and maybe someday you'll mistake mine for his! ;)

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
npdien,
Enjoyed your photos.
-r

Watch out Riley, I'm going to be learning from Dien and maybe someday you'll mistake mine for his! ;)

Jack
Thanks, Click, Jack and Lion Rock.
We have a lot of sunshine nearly everyday. As such, trees probably may give flowers throughout a year.
Happy to know you like our people, Riley. While the population is hardworking and patient, we're screwed up by the corrupted communist government. Such dictatorship keeps us underperform and, therefore, rich and skilled people are moving to the north America now.
In a certain aspect, it is dangerous if you recognize my photos without seeing my name. It means I never outgrow myself as I am always pleased with myself and imitate myself day after day. One way to get out of my well-trodden path is to learn from other people's style. Hope to learn from your photos soon.
Cheers, Dien.

Upvote 0
29267865325_c20fcbb1fd_z.jpg

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Dien,
Please don't take my comments of your style as something not nice. just the opposite. some people has a style and keep it, while some people, like me fer instance, are looking learning. my best style is still " opportunity ", nothing in particular. learning is life long, never stop!
Just that you're really good.
true, the country is "developing", few industries (technologies) there, hope it improves, but people I saw and encountered were just great.
-r

Upvote 0