Flowers and other Flora

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
One from the yard. A couple wildflowers from a hike in the woods. Got a little spider on one. Using an RP with the RF 35 for the first and RF 24-240 for the other two.
On the full size files I can count the hairs on the spiders legs. Much sharper.
Great to hear how pleased you are with that gear (y) :)
How was the eye focus on the spider :ROFLMAO:;)

Upvote 0
'Flora' is definitely not my usual fare, so I'm in a learning phase, but lockdown is limiting the shooting choices at the moment, and I did have some planned work using this technique later in the year, so decided to get a little practice in today.

Two high(ish) key photos of garden flowers here in spring-time in Yorkshire - an aquilegia and a corn flower - shot using a background flash to produce the white background.

Very much a practice - so anyone with some experience of this technique, please feel free to share any tips.

Cheers

View attachment 190366

View attachment 190367

Excellent! I very much enjoy your style!

Upvote 0
Nice shots, FamilyGuy. I especially like the 3rd one.

Thanks! Would have liked to get the framing a bit higher but the kids have little patience for dads hobby on a hike. I did like the fully articulating screen for the low angled second shot. Would have been a dirty shot to get on my fixed screen SL-1.

@Maximilian,

Had trouble picking which of the six or eight eyes to focus on, and even when it did, the square was as big as the spider, so of little benefit. Perhaps if I had used the 35 macro? Hold still and say, “flies!” Going to return the whole kit and complain. It’s still under warranty. I think it’s defective.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
@Maximilian,

Had trouble picking which of the six or eight eyes to focus on, and even when it did, the square was as big as the spider, so of little benefit. Perhaps if I had used the 35 macro? Hold still and say, “flies!” Going to return the whole kit and complain. It’s still under warranty. I think it’s defective.
*lol* :ROFLMAO: Keep it and have fun... at least the hairs were sharp

Upvote 0
Excellent! I very much enjoy your style!
:giggle: :giggle: You're very kind - but in fairness, I can't claim it as my style: it has been used by many others first.

I'm just trying to practice for a shot that I know is wanted later this year (if C-19 eventually relaxes).

Anyway, if you like it, here are a couple of other spring flowers: Snowdrops and Bluebells.

Snowdrops (9402).jpg
Bluebells (0358).jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0