Flowers and other Flora

Do the kids not like the bushes or the bees?

Interesting species of bees. I haven't seen such ones in Europe.

Funny how those two pics look like they're continuing each other with the peduncle :ROFLMAO:

I believe the plant is actually a hybrid lavender to withstand our cold Michigan winters. We call them bee bushes for obvious reasons. And yes, it’s the bees the kids don’t like. But as I said, they really keep the bees occupied, so they’re pretty docile. Mostly honey bees and bumble bees. Not sure what kind of bumble bee it is. Tried Google, but doesn’t seem to show anything with a hairless abdomen.

Upvote 0
View attachment 197999View attachment 198000

Our bee bushes are in full bloom and the bees are doing their work. The kids don’t like them. But they keep the bees busy and calm. I can set up a couple feet away and they really don’t care. Too busy working.
Those bees look like Carpenter bees which is somewhat good news for your kids. The males don't have a stinger and the females do but will not sting unless they have to , they are not aggressive but the bad news is they love to drill holes in wood.:) Nice Pictures!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Those bees look like Carpenter bees which is somewhat good news for your kids. ...
Comparing with this pic in wiki I fully agree with you. good eye. Thank you very much.
In Germany those are fully black, so I didn't come across those.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Lovely. Nicely done, FamilyGuy.
d055.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0