Flowers and other Flora

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Nice picture of a geranium palustre.:)
Thanks for helping me out!
I'm good fauna but not so well at flora ;)

By the way:
It has a funny German name:
Sumpf-Storchschnabel = swamp stork beak (as for the fruit looks like a stork beak)
I hope, I will keep this memorized :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Affinity Photo:
9DF0F619-B97F-4B9F-84A8-E969D6624B61.jpeg
DPP4:56AAA9F6-28D4-45A6-B3FD-ADEC1AF98FDE.jpeg
Affinity Photo:
0EA379B7-E0B5-4E82-9642-BE7727C30C9B.jpeg
DPP4:
8876E392-4CE7-425A-AD3C-F6625D6DD6AB.jpeg

I had to downsize these to Insert. I edited one version just using Canon presets in DPP4 along with a simple gamma adjustment. The other version went to Affinity Photo using their raw developer and messed with various sliders pretending I had any idea of what I was doing. I went with what I thought looked okay. Let me know which edits you like.

I’m very impressed with the RF 85mm f/2’s uncorrected raw files. Affinity had no lens profile.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hi FamiliyGuy!

First, I really like the flowers and especially the combination of water lily and drops. Good eye, well done.
Second, I prefer photos that are not to much pp and overdone. Not only because I prefer the "natural" look but also because I am lazy. ;)
Let me know which edits you like.
When it comes to your question I wouldn't have had any comments, seeing just the pics done with Affinity.
Side by side they are too blueish for me and the colors of the DPP are much more natural. Especially when you look at the green tones of the leaves.
One thing that looks better to me with Affinity are the colors of the water lily blossom. But again the leaf to the right is too blue.
That's my two cents.

Disclaimer: I am using a monitor with color calibration (spyder).

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Thought I had already posted it...Must have forgotten to press the "post reply" icon.:confused:
Once again, EOS R with my favorite macro lens, Apo Macro Elmarit 2,8/100 (THE reason for buying a mirrorless, since I still prefer the 5 DIV)

Attachments

• 2021141401566C4A9071.jpg
    2021141401566C4A9071.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Hi FamiliyGuy!

First, I really like the flowers and especially the combination of water lily and drops. Good eye, well done.
Second, I prefer photos that are not to much pp and overdone. Not only because I prefer the "natural" look but also because I am lazy. ;)

When it comes to your question I wouldn't have had any comments, seeing just the pics done with Affinity.
Side by side they are too blueish for me and the colors of the DPP are much more natural. Especially when you look at the green tones of the leaves.
One thing that looks better to me with Affinity are the colors of the water lily blossom. But again the leaf to the right is too blue.
That's my two cents.

Disclaimer: I am using a monitor with color calibration (spyder).
I think you’re pretty right on. If I understood the selection tool and layers better, I could probably do a better job selectively editing. Giving the flower and the background the different characteristics that best suit them.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nicely done, Alan. I especially like the last one.
d055.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0