Flowers and other Flora

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Lovely flower.

....And lucky guy. You should see the weather here today.
OK! My revenge - do you know how jealous I was with your kayak level photos of shore birds?!
Well, post more when the season comes: I enjoyed all of them and have a taste for more!
The great advantage of this forum is that you are connected with numerous (I wish they were even more!) points over the world and you always can see something interesting/different!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
That is very kind of you.

...And keep posting your beautiful pictures, it helps us get through the winter period.
I will try - at least the flowers around are plenty. With the birds it's more difficult - honestly I hardly can recall worst year for migratory birds on Oahu.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I will try - at least the flowers around are plenty. With the birds it's more difficult - honestly I hardly can recall worst year for migratory birds on Oahu.
It's bad here as well. It seems over the years everything I'm interesting in following dries up, and with birds that's not a joke.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Where do the birds go? I thought Hawaii was warmn enough in the winter months?
Sorry for the very late answer - I didn't notice the question before...
Actually the main reason is the very dry weather on year 2021 - the wetlands where I can go didn't hold water to welcome the migratory birds (here most of them use to feed on mudflats and since there was no mud...). Now after the heavy rains it's just opposite on Oahu :) - everything is water and again no mudflats, later on (with the drying) it may get better but the season seems to be lost. On some of the other Islands and some preserved places on Oahu (where I have no free access) the situation was/is better.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Here are few photos from today. I took a walk in the UH campus: as predicted no interesting birds but at least some flowering plants.
First one is Bauhinia purpurea (it has to many common names to bother with...). After that the Red silk-cotton Tree. And the last one I still have to ID:(.

DSC_6552_DxO.jpgDSC_6564_DxO.jpgDSC_6588_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0