G16 card error

A week ago i purchased G16 with Sandisk Extreme 32GB 45/Mb/s card.
Immediatelly from beginning i started to get "card error" messages when starting camera and still continues 2 times of 3. I have formatted card several times but no help.
I still have to try to mix SD cards with one from my 5D to see if it continues but meanwhile i wonder if anyone have got same issue?
Risto

Mar 25, 2011
Do a low level format of the card, a regular format will not fix anything. It might help, but you should return the card for exchange, or send it to the manufacturer for exchange. Cards are usually guaranteed for at least 5 years. I just had a memory failure in my computer after 10 months. It was replaced quickly by Crucial (Same US manufacturer as Lexar).

Cards as well as cameras are more likely to fail when new (Infant Mortality). This is due to issues that could not be detected during manufacturing and testing. Its why military and aerospace grade electronic parts are burned in or operated for a period of many hours as part of the manufacturing process. This is expensive, but is a proven way to eliminate infant mortality failures.

Upvote 0