Good Wireless trigger for Canon 5D MKIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosman said:
westr70 said:
Jamesy said:
I have used Yongnuo triggers for years and for the price they are pretty darn good. They don't have the build quality of many others but the price makes up for that - I just buy extras ;)

I am waiting to see what the YN-622C's are like as they have pass-thru so you can mount a flash on the camera for on-axis fill as well as control a remote strobe or two.

I just saw this youtube video and it looks good. They haven't done the on-camera use yet but will report on it soon. I want to do wireless, on-camera, off-camera, and so far this looks the best.
YN622C Tranceiver Review
Looks great thanks for posting. Too bad he didnt bother throwing a 580 ex on there and test it.

They are selling these on ebay for $100 USD (free shipping). I ordered one and we'll see.

Upvote 0
westr70 said:
Bosman said:
westr70 said:
Jamesy said:
I have used Yongnuo triggers for years and for the price they are pretty darn good. They don't have the build quality of many others but the price makes up for that - I just buy extras ;)

I am waiting to see what the YN-622C's are like as they have pass-thru so you can mount a flash on the camera for on-axis fill as well as control a remote strobe or two.

I just saw this youtube video and it looks good. They haven't done the on-camera use yet but will report on it soon. I want to do wireless, on-camera, off-camera, and so far this looks the best.
YN622C Tranceiver Review
Looks great thanks for posting. Too bad he didnt bother throwing a 580 ex on there and test it.

They are selling these on ebay for $100 USD (free shipping). I ordered one and we'll see.
Just found them for sale here.
http://www.dhgate.com/new-yongnuo-ttl-transceiver-yn-622c-wireless/p-ff80808138f4877d0138fafcb34632a4.html

Upvote 0
You could always get them right from the source - Yongnuo's own eBay store - I have bought from them at least ten times with no issues.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yongnuo-YN-622C-Wireless-TTL-Flash-Trigger-Canon-1D-1DII-10D-20D-30D-40D-50D-/180951437871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a218bd22f

@Bosman, make sure you have some cold-shoe adapters like a Frio as I just learned that the YN-622C's do not have a 1/4" female thread underneath to screw into a light stand so you will need some cold-shoes to secure them to an umbrella swivel spigot.

Upvote 0
Jamesy said:
You could always get them right from the source - Yongnuo's own eBay store - I have bought from them at least ten times with no issues.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yongnuo-YN-622C-Wireless-TTL-Flash-Trigger-Canon-1D-1DII-10D-20D-30D-40D-50D-/180951437871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a218bd22f

@Bosman, make sure you have some cold-shoe adapters like a Frio as I just learned that the YN-622C's do not have a 1/4" female thread underneath to screw into a light stand so you will need some cold-shoes to secure them to an umbrella swivel spigot.

Oh, thanks Jamesy, that's who I bought from. And good info on the cold-shoes too. Thanks. I look forward to trying them out.

Upvote 0
Jamesy said:

Thanks for the tip, it too bad it doesn't have a thread on the bottom as it is more secure that way. I do have a couple cold shoes for my stands so i am set. I also have pocket wizards plastic flash housing RF blocker, it should mount on the bottom of that. I like them for protection in case it takes a tumble. I have 2 stands that i created custom mounts for using velcro straps and screwing into my pelican case. If i only need one stand i just extend the flash stand while being mounted to the case. This works well because it packs up fast and i don't end up leaving it somewhere like i have done in the past. D:

Upvote 0
Here was their response to yesterdays contact email i sent them. I altered the tracking with *'s

Thank you for your contact. Your concern is very important to us and we are here to assist you anytime.

Your order was received on Aug 21st and shipped on Aug 23rd day with tracking number of RA63579858*** by China Post, within 2 business day as we promised. As I tracked your item on www.usps.com, here below is the status I found:

RA63579858***
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Registered Mail™
Processed Through Sort Facility
August 30, 2012, 9:23 am
SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP

And on China post website:

item No. Year Status Location Destination Country Date Recipient's Signature
RA63579858*** 2012 出口总包直封封发 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2012-08-30
RA63579858*** 2012 出口总包互封开拆 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2012-08-29
RA63579858*** 2012 收寄局收寄 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2012-08-28

We also sent you an notification letter of shipment for order 3026, you can check your Spam folder if you did not receive it.

From the status, the item left Shanghai for USD on Aug 30th. Our standard shipment takes normally 2-3 weeks to reach you. But please kindly understand that International shipment is more complex and out of our control, additional time can apply for different countries and regions. The delivery time can be even different in the same country. Due to the Security reason, traffic congestion, adverse weather, acts of custom inspection, etc, delivery time may always vary.

China Post is so far the most safe and one of the cheapest shipping method for international shipment, and it has been very safe and relatively quick to USA and most of Europe since we started this business. However, we really can not control when it can reach you. In case China Post approves that the packages is lost during transportation, we will cover your loss.

We sincerely appreciate for your great patience and your kind understanding

Should you need any assistance from us, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Wish you a wonderful day!
Best regards,
Grace Zheng

Upvote 0
YOu want a trigger for shutter release it seems on teh 5D MK III, most i have used for canon have some hiccup.

IF you can afford a cable run then get a wired cable (i know not what you want) but id say i have never misfired with a cable, wireless can be sketchy as generally its 3rd party and some canon OVER priced solutions and IR/line of sight to the BODY.

If Some one knows a a GOOD wireless Trigger for the Shutter release of any canon please POST!

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
I haven't read the whole thread, but the Phottix Strato II RF transmitters have worked great for me. Non, ettl for the wireless, but the transmitter does have ETTL pass through and a hot shoe to mount an ETTL flash( or ETTLcable) on the camera itself.

The receivers come with a cable that fits the remote release port and can be used to actuate the camera remotely. I have used this with my 5D (original). Haven't tried it on the MKIII yet.

You can buy them from the Phottix store through their website.

-Brian

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I got this from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GMVGGE/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

Vello wireless shutter release....works great for time lapse, can be used wired or wireless...and is good for taking stills YOU want to be in...in addition to timer, you can press the button half way....the camera will focus...the press and it take the image (or delayed if you have a timer on that function).

for $99...I've been very happy with it.

C

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2010
drjlo said:
I received the YN-622C's, and so far so good on my 5D III. I'm also glad to report they sync with my studio strobes cleanly at 1/200th with 5D III, its max sync speed, without giving me a band on the bottom like Yongnuo RF-603 and Pixel Kings do at 1/200th, which force me to shoot at 1/160th.
Nice! I am hearing good things about these - I might pick up two sets and try them out.

Upvote 0
Jamesy said:
drjlo said:
I received the YN-622C's, and so far so good on my 5D III. I'm also glad to report they sync with my studio strobes cleanly at 1/200th with 5D III, its max sync speed, without giving me a band on the bottom like Yongnuo RF-603 and Pixel Kings do at 1/200th, which force me to shoot at 1/160th.
Nice! I am hearing good things about these - I might pick up two sets and try them out.

I did and can't find a thing wrong with them 8)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.