Have a NEX body? Make your EF lenses sharper and faster! - apparantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pharp

An MFT version is in the works, but so is a Canon M version. Now, if Canon steps up their game with the M series (especially AF) - they may really have something. Get FF FOV and one extra stop using an EF lens on the M - great! Come on Canon - give us an NEX IQ mirrorless. Adapter should be less than NEX version as well (maybe ~$400) - no chip.

http://www.metabones.com/sony/questions

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
is it just me or does anybody else wish there was something like this for full frame
imagine a 70-200 f2.8L IS II
becomes a 50-143 f2 IS :eek:

Anything that was like that would have to start its life as a medium format lens -- or, at least, have an image circle large enough to be de-magnified.

I don't know what lenses are like in the medium format world, but I can guarantee you that anything comparable to a 70-200 f/2.8 IS would cost more than a Great White. Hasselblad, for example, sells their 50-110 f/3.5-4.5 for $5,595....

Cheers,

b&

Upvote 0
TrumpetPower! said:
wickidwombat said:
is it just me or does anybody else wish there was something like this for full frame
imagine a 70-200 f2.8L IS II
becomes a 50-143 f2 IS :eek:

Anything that was like that would have to start its life as a medium format lens -- or, at least, have an image circle large enough to be de-magnified.

I don't know what lenses are like in the medium format world, but I can guarantee you that anything comparable to a 70-200 f/2.8 IS would cost more than a Great White. Hasselblad, for example, sells their 50-110 f/3.5-4.5 for $5,595....

Cheers,

b&

I know :(
thats why i used the word wish :'(

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
thats why i used the word wish :'(

Well, in that case, why hold back?

I wish for a camera the size of an iPhone, with a sensor the same dimensions as the case, with a built-in 8-2000 f/0.8 lens (that, of course, doesn't add to the volume of the camera when not in use). Oh -- and the lens should have full movements and at least ten stops of IS, and the camera itself should have a gigapixel sensor and a dynamic range of 20 stops and a maximum ISO of like a million or so with noise at that ISO comparable to a 5DIII at ISO 100.

And, yes. Of course! This camera should be delivered by a flying unicorn pony. I mean, like duh! Do you really have to ask?

Cheers,

b&

P.S. Yes, I'll be needing to keep the pony, too.... b&

Upvote 0
For some reason I am just not interested. I think I would rather buy a metabones adapter capable of maintaining a full frame image circle and is self update-able. So that if Sony releases a full frame NEX I could use my EF lenses on it as well as my NEX6

I have a manual adapter and all of my EF lenses are just huge on a NEX6. Almost as ridiculous as putting my EX430 II flash. The flash does work as a manual flash at least. They also defeat the purpose of having a small camera. But I do like using my dads 135F2.5 FD, I would be interested if they made a manual Canon FD adapter to breath new life in those old lenses. But a EF adapter I think I will pass for the price they are asking.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.