Hello from Okinawa Japan

87vr6 said:
I hate to be the one to say it, but you process too much, especially the HDR.... You need better software, or preferably better techniques...

Yes, it's technically not a HDR with multiple exposures blended, etc... But it doesn't have crazy saturated colors, however, it does have equal (or close to it) detail in the shadows as well as the highlights.. Especially if I could show you the RAW file..

To each his own and I'm a HDR
crack whore, it's the style I likes.
(><) I'll take into consideration
your advice. 8)

Marsu42 said:
I thought the same thing, but of course it's a matter of taste and my first hdr shots looked exactly the same. When hdr was introduced, everyone was crazy for this "hdr style", but in the meantime the reactions are less enthusiastic.

My hint concerning high dynamic range shots: Take 7 raw shots with +-0,5ev (use magic lantern or the 5d3). Back @home, get Photomatrix (it integrates with Lightroom), import the shots and then choose if you want to use the more natural looking exposure fusion with all shots (the final shot is assembled like a puzzle) or "real" hdr with the 3 extreme ones (all exposures are layered). Then you can fine-tune the sliders to get either an "artistic" or natural expression.

And don't throw away the source files after assembly like I did with my first shots - in 1-2 years if you've learned more you may want to re-process them!

Thank you, it is a personal
art and 'to each his own' ;D

Northstar said:
make saving, looking for, and eventually buying one a worthwhile path to start on. IMO.

Agree, it's a hobby,
make it fun :D

RLPhoto said:
Not to be mean, but MY EYES!!!! :eek:

There is alot of members here who do awesome HDR's. @lex! is one of them, and his stuff is great i'm sure he's got some tips around here somewhere.

Great, let's hear them, and next time...
wear sunglasses, because I'm an HDR
crack whore and I'm NOT going to go through
rehab, (Amy Winehouse song.. "I said
no, no, no...") :D

captainkanji said:
I miss Japan. I was there for 6 months when I was in school in 2000. Kyoto is my favorite city, especially in April/May with the hanami and everything. I wish I had my 7d back then. You'll want to be careful when buying "L" lenses. They are like crack, once you get one, nothing else will do ;D

A. Awesome, yeah I've
lived half my adult life in Japan.
LOVE. IT.

B. Oh cool, going to Kyoto tomorrow!!
So hope to have some more Crack
Whore HDR shots soon !

C. L lens is like crack!?!?
Whoa awesome, more crack
for the HDR crack whore! LOL! ;D

Maybe I should change my
name to HDR Crack Whore? It'd be easier
for folks to understand the style I like,
pictures I want, the art I like. I'm a big
fan of Patrick Nagel.

Are there
any black and White
whores as well as sepia whores
around here? I need to ask them
some questions. Seriously,
I need some advice on what
that crack tastes like. I can't get
my black and whites to look good
and my sepia are to orange.

Thanks for the advice all, see ya
when I get back, I hope to have
more HDR crack whore pictures.

Peace!8)

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2011
Marsu42 said:
No, it shouldn't :) ... look at the blue of the sky on the top right, the brightness jump is a sign of an assembly artifact and doesn't look natural.

Hate to tell you, but the sliders that affect the blue colors were pretty close to neutral... This is LR4 and I can't help it if the polarizer made it brighter... Notice how the top section is much brighter than the section that shows through the trees right below it?? Wide angle (set at 17mm on FF)+ CPL is the answer to that question.. But as the OP can attest to, the skies here in Okinawa are incredibly bright, and that day was no exception. And ftr, that shot is one picture, not a 7 different ev exposure.

My point remains the same, there's overdone HDR, and subtly done stuff... And I speak for myself, but anything I happen to do definitely goes to the latter... I'm sure if I cared I could go back in LR4 and adjust that a little.. Hold on, I'll try...

Nope. There's not much I know how to do to make it look any different. In case you actually care, I bumped the exposure down by .3, took the brightness down pretty much all the way to cut the glare out of everything, which still didn't show much if any clipping, and then boosted the shadows a little bit to bring some detail back.

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
87vr6 said:
Marsu42 said:
No, it shouldn't :) ... look at the blue of the sky on the top right, the brightness jump is a sign of an assembly artifact and doesn't look natural.
Hate to tell you, but the sliders that affect the blue colors were pretty close to neutral... This is LR4 and I can't help it if the polarizer made it brighter...

Ok, using a polarizer explains the shift in sky color, too - that's why using a polarizer on wide-angle is tricky after all. I only use polarizers to remove reflections when there's no sky in the picture.

Upvote 0
sanj said:
Nice to have you here.

We can be kind and we can be rude.

But we do attempt to help!

Your pictures are nice, except they seem over saturated to me.

Regards

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.
I'm just enjoying reading posts from the past, most search results find what I'm looking for or answers to my questions.

Peace! 8)

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
blaydese said:
sanj said:
Nice to have you here.

We can be kind and we can be rude.

But we do attempt to help!

Your pictures are nice, except they seem over saturated to me.

Regards

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.
I'm just enjoying reading posts from the past, most search results find what I'm looking for or answers to my questions.

Peace! 8)

Dear blaydese.
All of the Comments/ Commends from all of our members CR., Including Mr. Sanj, My dear teacher, Are from their heart and their expertise, That We, (You and Me) can learn from them, to improve our skill in Love Photography.
Happy Holiday.
Surapon

Upvote 0