Here’s what the anonymous grapevine has sent us over the 8 weeks

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
As we sit and wait during this most annoying launch cycle, the anonymous grapevine has continued to send information. This isn’t unusual, it’s part of the game. It has proven to be a invaluable resource over the years/decade. There are the usual trolls that are pretty easy to spot, but for the most part there

See full article...

Reactions: 1 users

riker

5D4
Jan 19, 2015
riker.hu
I'll just be a crybaby, PLS:
- 50/1.4 with the size and weight of our beloved EF version. For expensive and heavy, we got the 1.2, that's enough.
- 150/2 macro (1:1). The 180/3.5 macro is gone, rest in peace. A 150/2 could be a really great portrait/macro combo on full frame.
- 600/5.6 - something between the 100-500 and the 600/4 which is affordable and has reasonable weight and price.
- R1s or whatever - flagship camera like the 1Ds back in the days with high resolution and best AF. Once I buy a camera for shitloads of money, I don't want to be needing to chose between resolution and AF performance.
- R5 with 60 MP.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
Canon Rumors Premium
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Frankly, not much new in terms of information. I do expect the R5 Mk2 and R1 this year; with announcements (of some type) for both in the forthcoming 2-3 weeks. In terms of lenses, I am glad to see a series of f1.4 prime lenses. I am also eagerly anticipating the 200-500 mm f4 L lens.

Some other sources are claiming parallel R5 Mk2 and R1 official announcements in May, but I take those with a large grain of NaCl.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2020
I'm probably not paying enough attention to the rumors, but what is Hybrid/Hybird in this case?
The idea is that it's focused at video shooters without going full cinema lens. Features could include manual or physical aperture control and focusing, improved focus breathing or breathing correction, and standardised filter thread sizes.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

Canon Rumors Premium
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
The idea is that it's focused at video shooters without going full cinema lens. Features could include manual or physical aperture control and focusing, improved focus breathing or breathing correction, and standardised filter thread sizes.
And likely internal focussing as well, so focussing doesn't mess up your matte box setup.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
Canon Rumors Premium
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Apart from the expected R5II, I still keep hoping for a long 1:1 (or better) macro lens, an RF version of the EF180L.
Yes! I'm happy with my 180mm Sigma, a lovely classic long out of production, but I'd like to know that, if it ever needs replacing, an RF version is ready.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
Oh boy! A rumor to suggest an R6-based FX-3 style competitor? The R5 C has been very tempting for us at work, and ultimately the C70 won out. But it would be excellent to see a cheaper “B” camera for us to throw on a gimbal…but I hope we see C-Log2. Sadly, the R5 C didn’t even offer that, rumors here suggest CLOG2 may be coming to the next batch of professional photo cameras. Very intriguing. (Can’t believe I care so much about video now!! Haha)

Upvote 0
...with a claimed video of a new camera feature
I can't believe you're not going to share that video with us so we can judge for ourselves if it's real. I managed to track it down here. I have to say, if it's fake they went through a lot of effort. Maybe I'm just desperate for some news, but I choose to believe.

Upvote 0

Richard CR

Canon Rumors Premium
Dec 27, 2017
Canada
www.canonnews.com
Would probably be unwise to put an R5 II and an R7II in the same launch cycle, as a good part of the target audience for a rapid fire apsc flagship like the R7 would also be willing to buy a high res FF with similar capabilities for more money.

personally on the DSLR side I always used a 7D and 5D side by side. Loved it.

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Canon Rumors Premium
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
As we sit and wait during this most annoying launch cycle, the anonymous grapevine has continued to send information.
How do we track anonymous sources?
Thanks, @Canon Rumors Guy, @Richard CR and team for giving us some insight of your work "behind the scenes".
I understand this being annoying for you, too. As you want to deliver more details and "rumour facts".
But it is as it is.

Upvote 0

Richard CR

Canon Rumors Premium
Dec 27, 2017
Canada
www.canonnews.com
As we sit and wait during this most annoying launch cycle, the anonymous grapevine has continued to send information. This isn’t unusual, it’s part of the game. It has proven to be a invaluable resource over the years/decade. There are the usual trolls that are pretty easy to spot, but for the most part there

See full article...

FX-3 form factor?
takemymoney.jpg

• Love
Upvote 0

Richard CR

Canon Rumors Premium
Dec 27, 2017
Canada
www.canonnews.com
Thanks, @Canon Rumors Guy, @Richard CR and team for giving us some insight of your work "behind the scenes".
I understand this to being annoying for you, too. As you want to deliver more details and "rumour facts".
But it is as it is.

I don't think there's been a day that Craig and I haven't been talking about this the past few months.

That and me sending him the most bizarre meme's and random things he should buy off of Amazon or Alibaba

I mean .. who wouldn't want a full 747-800 cockpit simulator? am I right?!

• Haha
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Canon Rumors Premium
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
... who wouldn't want a full 747-800 cockpit simulator? am I right?!
:ROFLMAO: I suppose me, as I don't know where to put it in my house ;)
But if possible, I'd prefer something more modern, say A350 simulator, esp. as I'm from Germany ;)

Upvote 0

koenkooi

Canon Rumors Premium
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
personally on the DSLR side I always used a 7D and 5D side by side. Loved it.
I used the R5 and a rented R7 side by side for a week and the difference in focus accuracy made my decide to not buy the R7. I sold my R5 a few months ago and bought an R7 as a stop gap 'reach' body to complement my R8 and the difference is even starker in that case.
Avoiding H+ helps, but while I get a better percentage of properly focusses pictures, the R8 still beats it both relatively and absolutely. 40fps with a better than 90% hit rate vs 15 fps with an 80% hit rate. But when the R7 does focus properly, the 'reach' compared to the R8 is incredible. YMMV of course!

I'm 99% certain I'm going to sell that R7 when I get a shipment notification for the R5II, I think my pictures will improve more by using that money for trips and workshops :)

Upvote 0