Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Since there's nonstop whining about the R5/R6 video modes, can we expect to start hearing how the C70 takes lousy stills and is crippled on purpose to protect that other line of products?

4k or 8 mpx... I remember those times when canon 8mpx 20D was great camera. It's enough for web usage. So lets start whining. No mechanical shutter, only electronic shutter. Rolling shutter - with fast moving objects - we'd get only distorted images because of slow read out. There . These greedy enginers want to protect photography line of products. Environment / Nature destroyers. Environment concious / responsible consumers want all in one product and canon not giving it. Thats sad.

There.

Upvote 0
It would be equivalent to not cropping in the first place with the added risk of diminishing the quality of the lense.

It'll effectively be a trade-off between lens sharpness and sensor noise. The glass in the adaptor may very well somewhat reduce the fidelity of the image hitting the sensor, but the quantity of light hitting the cropped area of the sensor will be doubled, so the ISO used could be halved, thus halving noise.

Unless the original poster was hoping for a benefit in stills shooting... in which case, yes, the noise issue would be moot, as the resolution would also be dropped, resulting in the same effective noise.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Man this website is useless. The camera is practically launched and this web host STILL won’t release his photos from a month ago. I don’t see a reason to ever visit this site again, sorry guys.
If you release early photos even after the fact it might be easy for Canon to work out where they were from, putting future rumors in jeopardy. But don’t forget this is a rumors site, not a fact based encyclopedia! Have fun with it!

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Upvote 0
===

What has been left unsaid is that there is ANOTHER set of products coming down the pipeline and it is a set of VERY LARGE SENSOR (i.e. 65mm and greater sensors) still photo, hybrid and cinema cameras that are FULLY GLOBAL SHUTTER with a full set of primo-quality lenses (i.e. FAST and EXPENSIVE!) coming out at the same time!

When you're getting into 65mm (or greater!) on a CMOS image sensor, the microns-per-photosite size (i.e. 6.8 microns or larger at DCI 8k resolutions!) means that 16-bits per channel colour rendition (48-bit RGB colour), dynamic range and light sensitivity GO THROUGH THE ROOF in terms of attaining UTTERLY SUPERB LEVELS OF STILL PHOTO AND VIDEO QUALITY!

What a shock this is gonna be to the Canon/Sony/Fuji/Panasonic/Pentax/etc. community!

Cough, Cough! Hint, Hint!

V

Why can't you just stop talking about that magic camera? It'll never happen. Just think back for how long you're talking about it and it still hasn't been released. Simply because it doesn't exist.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Why can't you just stop talking about that magic camera? It'll never happen. Just think back for how long you're talking about it and it still hasn't been released. Simply because it doesn't exist.

---

The 50.3 megapixel/DCI-8k 65mm sensor Global Shutter combined stills/video camera is sitting in front of me right at this moment .... and so are the two 2/3rds inch and APS-C large sensor 50.3 megapixel/DCI-8k super-smartphones. Kinda hard to argue with working products I've been using/shooting with for over a year and a half now! It also helps that I was the one who developed their breakthrough video/audio compression system (i.e. their CODECs)

V

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Kinda hard to argue with working products I've been using/shooting with for over a year and a half now! It also helps that I was the one who developed their breaththrough video/audio compression system (i.e. their CODECs)
No offense, but that typo is really fitting for all your vaporware products :ROFLMAO:

I respect the passion you demonstrate with your posts, but I don't think you can blame people for arguing with your spotless record of predictions and products we'll see eventually :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
Ok. Now where is Canon's $999 camera? Let's have it. It's darn near October. Where are the low end mirrorless basic cameras that don't break the budget? Enough already on just superspec devices. Where are the cameras for all those working from home and don't need to spend a gazillion just to get content out. $600 - $1000. Where are they?

Upvote 0
No offense, but that typo is really fitting for all your vaporware products :ROFLMAO:

I respect the passion you demonstrate with your posts, but I don't think you can blame people for arguing with your spotless record of predictions and products we'll see eventually :)

---

Fixed the spelling mistake! -- i.e. "Breakthrough CODEC"

Let's just say that a tad more of my predictions have come through the pipeline than you think..... ;-) :)

I should note though, I'm STILL waiting for the LIGHT and FAST Canon or SIGMA
135mm-to-650mm f/2.8-to-f/4 Sports Zoom EF-mount and RF-mount Lenses!

V

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

I finally decided the best thing to do with a phony liar like him is put him on ignore.

Upvote 0