How come Canon never responds to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IronMike

rifz said:
How come Canon, and a lot of big companies never explain or answer any questions. Why make a new sensor for the 6D when everyone was hoping for the same 5DIII sensor? Why limit the video compression? etc. etc..
Are there good reasons or are they just protecting other lines and/or money, as everyone keeps on guessing.

The McDonalds videos are a marketing campaign. McDonalds probably felt that one of their primary issues was problems that potential customers had with food quality, and this ad campaign is trying to address those issues.
Does canon feel that customers have issues with the quality of their equipment? Are they trying to address that through their own marketing? Perhaps, but not currently in such a direct way as this latest McDonalds campaign AFAIK.
Canon has in the past produced "behind-the-scenes" videos on how some of their lenses are produced, but again that was just marketing... the average consumer EF-S 18-55 lenses probably don't receive the same amount of care and attention during their construction.

Canon Lens Production (Part 1)

Upvote 0
C

chadders

rifz said:
How come Canon, and a lot of big companies never explain or answer any questions. Why make a new sensor for the 6D when everyone was hoping for the same 5DIII sensor? Why limit the video compression? etc. etc..
Are there good reasons or are they just protecting other lines and/or money, as everyone keeps on guessing.

McDonalds answered this one:
why don't the hamburgers you get, look like the photos?
Behind the scenes at a McDonald's photo shoot

What a strange idea! Are you under the misaprehension that just because you voice some concern or question in this forum Canon is going to answer it?

Have you addressed your questions directly to Canon and they have ignored you? This is merely a talking shop where we all whinge and moan at each other. The last thing we expect is that Canon actually read the forums and respond to questions, suggestions and critical comments.

Upvote 0
weekendshooter said:
bdunbar79 said:
Simba said:
birdman said:
Easy -- it would infuriate the 5d3 adopters. Plain and simple. I wasn't aware the d600 had the same sensor as the d4/d800/d3x. Even at 24Mp, it's well known that the d600 sensor is a newer (and better) sensor than the d3x.

Those of you who need all that the 5d2 or 5d3 offers will buy it. Besides, the 5d2 should ultimately still prove to be the better overall dslr than the 6d. I'm Nikon shooter now (having owned the 5d2) but miss much of Canon's system -- like the 35L, 100mm macro, etc. Canon will convince me to buy into their system again as well....it just may be years down the road. I know this is pointless -- but I wanted to state that their TELEPHOTO lens selection is simply unparalleled. This is why they OWN the sports photography market. As far as landscapes....they are still very good. It's a tough time for Canon right now, but i DO HOPE they pull out of this "slump", if you will.

Except for 70-200 f/4, both Canon and Nikon have very similar telephoto lenses. Nikon even has 200-400 that Canon does not have, and I have seen it many times in the fields. Why would you say Canon own the sport photography market?

Because Canon's 300 f/2.8L, 400 f/2.8L, etc. are way, way better than Nikon lenses. Overall, Canon has better sports lenses, and then of course there is the 1DX which is superior to any Nikon camera in existance.

...but they're not?? nikon has a 300/2.8, 400/2.8, 500/4, 600/4 just like canon, and also have had a 200-400 for ages, whereas canon's is still nowhere to be seen. Everyone's superteles are very very good performers and nobody would be disappointed with either brand here.

The perception that Canon destroys Nikon for sports/wildlife stems from the early days of EOS, when Canon's quick jump to AF caught Nikon off guard. Since then both brands have more or less equalized and both perform at very high levels.

Also 1DX better than any nikon camera? Sure, if you don't count the D4 or D3S. Again, both brands offer superb performance once you get up to spending $6k on a body and $5-10k per lens.

Nope. Bzzzzzzzzzzzt. It stems from shooting with two D4 users. End of game, try again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.