Hungry Jaguar

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Northstar said:
mackguyver said:
dstppy said:
I stay a healthy distance away from both crocodilians and big cats . . . and by safely away, I mean I wouldn't get close enough to use an 800mm in the wild ;D
LOL - I must have things backwards - here's an 11 foot alligator with my 24-70mm:
_MG_4437_DxO-M.jpg

and a little cat with my 400mm:
_H2B3117_ID_R-M.jpg

Maybe someday I'll be fortunate enough to capture amazing photos like the ones in the OP!

LOL...i hear that as long as you stay to their side you're pretty safe...but next time try using an 8-15mm fisheye and get closer!!
In the backwater of Goa (India) we have fisher folk catching prawns within 20 feet away from the salt water crocodiles every day ... I don't think they hurt anyone unless provoked or spooked.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
In the backwater of Goa (India) we have fisher folk catching prawns within 20 feet away from the salt water crocodiles every day ... I don't think they hurt anyone unless provoked or spooked.
Given what I know about "salties" that seems insane, but then again, it's always been my belief that if you respect nature (particularly things that can kill you), they will respect you back. My preferred shooting locations are very dangerous (by North American standards) and after hundreds of shoots, my worst injury came from the time I accidentally put my backpack on a fire ant mound (in the dark). Bad mistake, still have the scars, but a very minor injury compared to what could happen out in the swamps & woods.

Upvote 0