Important: EU law to limit freedom of photography on the way

AlanF said:
AvTvM said:
As photographers we should all be united in asking the eu lawmakers (the EU parliament does pass laws): "Madams/Sires, give us freedom of panorama".

"Madams" is the plural form for a brothel keeper...

And we all know that the members of the parliament are not the keepers, they just work there. :-}

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Early on in this thread I mentioned that I was having a meeting with my local Euro MP, Timothy Kirkhope, an astute and serious politician actually.

He was instrumental in getting this ridiculous proposal thrown out, and if any of you who have felt so strongly about it would like to write and thank him for his positive input on this matter, his e mail address is: [email protected]

Incidentally Timothy is a keen photographer.

Upvote 0
I would realy love to see an eminent photographer raise hell against 'site developers' or any old construction companies for demolishing the aesthetic values of a scenery. That would be cool. They love to soue people for imaginary loss of business, etc. but they never look at it the other way round: Maybe their business is not 'addding value' to a site but rather bringing it down.

In which case they should be very, very ashamed and then, eventually, realize that they owe somethng to people they had hurt.

Upvote 0