Industry News: Costco is closing all of their in-store photo centers on February 14, 2021

So your point has now changed from one of people are not making trips in their own vehicles they are using ride sharing vehicles instead, which would mean the same mileage is covered ergo similar tyre wear, to there are now fewer trips carried out because people are using ride sharing apps?
[/QUOTE}

I do fewer trips! I used to drive my private car a minimum of 30,000 miles a year in town. Today I use Yellow Cab or Lyft maybe 1,000 miles a year. I have not driven to a movie theater (3 to 5 movies a week) since NetFlix and Amazon Prime arrived on the scene—why would I? The same with shopping, everyting is available online, from alcohol to clothing to food. My Amazon purchases arrive by a USPS mailmen, My Instacart food orders are delivered by a driver who has several stops on his route.

[QUOTE}
I would speculate the popularity of ride sharing and total vehicle mileage covered are not well correlated.

In my case you would be wrong.

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
I've used them for prints maybe 3 or 4 times in 20 years, I have usually printed my own, but don't even do that any longer. My printer is likely clooged up pretty solid.
I know we should try to support local businesses to do printing (if we don't have our own printer). But I have found that Whitewall, in Germany, can make any size prints of the highest quality up to almost the size of a 4'x8' sheet of plywood, and they're surprisingly affordable. I've used them for all my big wall prints and been very happy. As in lenses & bodies, it's good to have choices. ;)

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I've recently sold my car. I live in coastal Orange County, California. Where even the rats wear either Maui Jim or Oakly sunglasses :cool:

In Huntington Beach and Newport Beach, California there are more Tesla than Toyota vehicles. BMW i3 and i8 are also common. If you live in Sedalia, KS this is probably not true.

cayenne
[/QUOTE]

LOL...well, those "kooky" Californians are pretty much the outliers on most any measurable metric....

They're certainly not the litmus test for any normal behaviors or trends across the USA.
;)

cayenne

Upvote 0