Industry News: DJI Reinvents The Drone Flying Experience With The DJI FPV

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, today launched an entirely new type of drone with an intuitive, immersive flight experience never available until now. DJI FPV combines the first-person view and high-speed performance of racing drones, the cinematic camera sweep of traditional drones, the safety and transmission technology of DJI’s leading consumer drones, and an optional innovative single-handed motion controller that allows pilots to control the drone with just hand movements. DJI FPV creates a new drone category and opens up new worlds of possibilities for content creators and drone fans from beginners to experts alike.
Order the DJI FPV products at Adorama

DJI FPV Drone $1299
DJI FPV Fly-More Kit $299
DJI FPV Motion Controller $199

“DJI has been redefining...

Continue reading...

StoicalEtcher

CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Yorkshire
Some impressive specs there - that top speed and acceleration sound amazing - but unless I've missed it (which is quite possible) there seems to be little detail on the sensor - I'm assuming relatively modest?.

So, great for immersive viewing, but not aimed at the photographer particularly? (And that's not a complaint - some of their other stuff is great, and few photogs need to go at 87mph!).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

frjmacias

EOS R5 and EOS M50
May 14, 2020
Monterey, California
I had a feeling they would release an FPV drone sooner rather than later. They would be crazy not to with the popularity of these types of drones. With DJI's proven track record of quality drones, they will make FPV drones much more accessible for those of us that are not as tech savvy to create our own. Excited for sure.

Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
DJI isn't inventing or reinventing ANYTHING. We have been flying and racing in FPV for nearly a decade already. All DJI is merely manufacturing something that is already available at high markup prices. We've been drone/UAS racing in FPV for a long time. Just about every flying field I go to is full of people with goggles on racing in FPV

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@StoicalEtcher
FPV is not really for photography, more for the experience. So the camera is probably not the best. If you want photography you get one of their Mavic drones. You could always buy their FPV kit to add to another drone to get both FPV and photography.
Yes, thanks. I have a Mavic 2 Pro, hence my passing interest in this thread :) Thanks for the comment anyway though (y)

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
I wonder would it make crashing it more likely. I stay well away from everything when I fly my Mavic Air 2. This seems to be designed to fly close to things. Maybe the extra speed is required for racing but it makes it a more dangerous object for other humans. DJI are a remarkable company. They entered a field with many competitors and blown them all away. The Mavic Air 2 is a joy to fly. Image quality is reasonably good. I'd love a sensor maybe the size of Micro 4/3 (or at least one inch sensor) to get better photographs. Video quality is impressive. I think FPV would give me headaches and I'd find it disorienting. I have their smart controller which is really good.

Upvote 0