Industry News: DJI to release the MAVIC Air 2s very soon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
According to DRN, DJI will soon announce the MAVIC Air 2s drone. TechnikNews has leaked a new set of images for the unreleased drone.
Claimed DJI MAVIC Air 2s specifications:

10-bit color
600-gram takeoff weight
Intelligent HDR, Hyperlaps, Panorama
8 GB internal storage
Master Shots – 10 pre-programmed video flight modes
Spotlight 2.0
Point of Interest 3.0
ActiveTrack 4.0
Support for FPV Goggles V2
OcuSync 3.0

DRN notes that Ocusync 3.0 is unlikely based on the Air 2 S using the same controller as the Mavic 2 according to the images below.

dji-air-2-s-render-2-1020x574-1-168x168.jpg

dji-air-2-s-render-1-1020x574-1-168x168.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
The Mavic Air 2 is a great little drone. Really easy to fly and control. Video is excellent. Image quality is reasonable for the sensor size.
If the price drops on the Air 2 I'd recommend it.
I thought it was going to be a 1' sensor on this new drone.
I'm not sure what it does to the gimbal but I'm surprise Mavic don't go for a micro 4/3 sensor.
I guess drones are more used for video than photography.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The Mavic Air 2 is a great little drone. Really easy to fly and control. Video is excellent. Image quality is reasonable for the sensor size.
If the price drops on the Air 2 I'd recommend it.
I thought it was going to be a 1' sensor on this new drone.
I'm not sure what it does to the gimbal but I'm surprise Mavic don't go for a micro 4/3 sensor.
I guess drones are more used for video than photography.
And Mavic sales thrive on minor updates. A new DJI Mavic is pretty much the same as the older unit except for some new plastic work and some new bullet points / spin and marketing numbers. Not a lot of new tech in there and no clear advantage over the old one. It won't be long until the S/H market realises that the old one's produce the same images.

Upvote 0
Absolutely right @Hector1970.
What a brilliant piece of kit. Can’t recommend the Mavic air 2 drone highly enough! I bought it from here and the ocusync 2.0 is phenomenal, I’ve no idea how it can be so good! At an ideal location, you can fly this thing 6km easily and you’ll have to turn around before losing signal because you won’t want to run out of battery! (At night you see this thing for miles due to its bright light so you can keep it in line of sight). I fly this out in the countryside with low interference or obstacles in the way, but even in built-up areas it performs seamlessly well, giving you clear footage from the drone - and will travel pretty far too, although I haven’t tested exactly how far.

Upvote 0