Industry News: Nikon officially announces the Nikon Z fc

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
True, but for most folks, phone sized pictures is more than good enough. They were annoyed that I had to go home and edit it before I could send it to them the next day, ruined the "social media" immediate post moment.
I couldn't believe how well the phone's ability to expose the image. The darken and bright lights were handled so well.

Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if "social media" just.....went away?
;)

C

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

To me, the press release reads more like the announcement of a fashion accessory. I guess I’m old school, so maybe that’s what sells today.
Target market. Like I am going to use it for cosplay and for holiday snaps. My Z6 and upcoming Z9 are/will be better cameras. But I don't want to walk about with a pro camera all the time.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
They'll sell a few of these, especially to women. Their D and Z rugged design, although have good ergonomics but look too manly for women. Looks more like a power tool.

As many have said, the iPhone market has already gobbled up that casual niche.

This camera is a toy for Nikon fans that simply will not move tu Fuji. Problem is Fuji has a 10 year advantage on creating very good APS-C glass for MILC.
Nikon? Yeah no. We have a grand total of TWO native DX lenses for the Z system.

As both a Canon and a Nikon shooter, I think the latter made a huge mistake on this one by tryng to ape Fuji without the lens system to back it up.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2020
As many have said, the iPhone market has already gobbled up that casual niche.

This camera is a toy for Nikon fans that simply will not move tu Fuji. Problem is Fuji has a 10 year advantage on creating very good APS-C glass for MILC.
Nikon? Yeah no. We have a grand total of TWO native DX lenses for the Z system.

As both a Canon and a Nikon shooter, I think the latter made a huge mistake on this one by tryng to ape Fuji without the lens system to back it up.
I think they'll sell well. A majority of M50, a6400 and Rebel users buy the kit lens only. The cutesy design/colours available to buy from this Zfc lineup will be enough for most people to buy, even with few lens.

Upvote 0
Talk about intimidation. I once went to our work Christmas party, and two of the girls got their new Samsung phones out and took photos along with other smartphones. Their phone screen was big and the images they took was BEAUTIFUL, and all they did was pressed a button. They didn't need to know anything about ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc... The phone computation did everything for them. I was too intimidated to take out my FF-DSLR, because I couldn't be sure it would take better pictures, and I have to go home and edit it before I can send it to people, when all they had to do is press send immediately from their phone.
Imaging AI for the win!

Upvote 0
I think they'll sell well. A majority of M50, a6400 and Rebel users buy the kit lens only. The cutesy design/colours available to buy from this Zfc lineup will be enough for most people to buy, even with few lens.

Nope. All of those cameras are cheaper with their included lens.
This new camera is NOT for the casual shooter/newbie, even if Nikon wishes to convince us of so.
Too expensive and too complex.

It's a toy for Nikon fans who already have a decent kit and want to live the (quite enjoyable) Fuji experience without leaving the Big N.

Yet another mishap from Nikon's marketing team (and yes, I own a Nikon MILC).

Upvote 0