Is something wrong with the site? Font changes, smearing log and Ads for pro member...?

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hi all,

Is anyone else seeing something VERY odd with the site? I just now happened to me.
I'm on safari on a Mac...logged in with my Pro account.

The fonts all just changed, I the logo for Canon Rumors top left is smeared down into the navigation menu on top left side...and I'm seeing ads again.

I'll try to open on another browsers, but it appears that come CSS changes hit and are not working quite right....

Thanks in advance,
C

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
There was a big update to the site today, you may have issues that require a cache clearing.

Second, if you could post a screenshot of you logged in with ads still appearing, that would be appreciated.

Ok attaching...it appears the front page has a different effect on the top left menu system.
On the front page, if you look on Forums, there is no drop down to do things like see your own posts....but if I navigate directly to a thread and at the top follow the breadcrumbs back I get the old menu choices with dropdown for the menu items that have them.

But here is a shot of front page scrolled down with an ad.

Thank you,
C

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.33.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.33.59 PM.png
    966.4 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
You'll need to do a hard reset of the site or clear the cache for Canon Rumors to fix the smeared logo. The ad should also be gone now.

Hi CRG!!

Ok I cleared the cache....reloaded the site...till smeared there.

I checked the font page...the ad is missing, but there box to hold the ad is still there, see attached screenshot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 3.23.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 3.23.47 PM.png
    964.2 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I don't have a mac, so I've reached out to my developer.

Check the bottom left of the forum, does it say "Canon Rumors - Light"?
Nope...doesn't say Canon Rumors -Light.

And again, it appears that while the smeared logo appears on all pages...the messed up menu system is only on the Main home page, but on others it works properly.

The fonts are all still very different than before this happened.

Thanks,
C

Upvote 0