Jolly Ollie Advent Calendar, 2020

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
He certainly looks like a cat that would love to explore!
Yes, he loves to explore! I've been having him go up trees as often as I could so that he could learn how to get down them (as well as up them) and also to be able to escape from dogs (or whatever) if he was being chased. We also take him in the car whenever we can so that he gets used to traveling in it, and he enjoys it and is usually looking around at everything as we drive. He's also very loving - we are really lucky to have him! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Jolly Ollie Advent Calendar
Thursday Dec. 24, 2020

"Tis the night before Christmas.
Saint Nick is in sight!
Merry Christmas
to all,
and to all a good night! "

12:24-12:09_A01_2911_1_95%.jpg

(inspired by "Twas The Night Before Christmas")
Canon R5 with RF 85mm f1.2 lens.
85mm, f1.2, 1/125", ISO 1600

Merry Christmas, and I hope you enjoyed Ollie's Advent Calendar.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Merry Christmas and God bless.

May I have your cat? So cute. ;)
Ollie thanks you, ethanz (he says "Don't send Christmas cards, but tuna is accepted!") :ROFLMAO:
I've been very lucky to have him. After all, where would my photos be without my little cutie-pie?

God bless you, too, and stay safe! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
That was great!

Happy Christmas Ollie and may all your wishes turn to tuna! :love:
Thank you, Zim! We're glad you liked it!
Ollie is very happy, but as he goes outside today he's wondering what all this "ice-cold white stuff" is floating down?
Looks like "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" is coming true here. ;)

Happy Christmas to you, too!

Last edited:
  • Love
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Christmas-Snowflake Ollie!

It snowed for Christmas (a rare event here in Kentucky).
Ollie went out on our porch for the first time in snow, and after a couple minutes he quickly came back in!
But not before I could catch a photo of him coming in, with some pretty snowflakes hitching a ride on his head:

A01_4026_1_4k90%.jpg

R5 & RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L lens.
123mm, f7.1, 1/125", ISO 100, 4961 pixel square uploaded as 4K square

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas,
and that you & your families are well!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Happy and safe new year Ollie! (And to your humans) ;) :love:
Thanks, Zim!
Ollie wishes you a happy & safe New Year as well, with plenty of tuna! (anything left over he's glad to take care of) ;)
And he says "Not to worry" about his humans, as he's "got them trained pretty well!" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Well, Kentucky has it's charms as well as drawbacks. But it's not too crowded where I am, so that's a good thing!

What's it like where you are?
Manila's 111,002 people per square mile

Kentucky's 109.9 people per square mile

;)

I have to drive 1-3 hours before I get to a botanical garden or a national park.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Manila's 111,002 people per square mile

Kentucky's 109.9 people per square mile

;)

I have to drive 1-3 hours before I get to a botanical garden or a national park.

Kentucky's numbers are pulled up greatly by the cities it has.

Out in the countryside I'm sure it's a lot less than 109.9.

I know where I live it's probably less than 10 per square mile (but I am in rural Colorado). The state overall has 52.0 people per square mile, and that's WITH the Denver metropolitan area pulling the numbers up greatly (most of the people live in that city).

EDIT: My county within Colorado is not really a good yardstick because it has a big city in it, but the two adjacent counties nearest to where I live have 2.1 people (not a typo) and 12.0 people per square mile.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

I know where I live it's probably less than 10 per square mile (but I am in rural Colorado). The state overall has 52.0 people per square mile, and that's WITH the Denver metropolitan area pulling the numbers up greatly (most of the people live in that city).

EDIT: My county within Colorado is not really a good yardstick because it has a big city in it, but the two adjacent counties nearest to where I live have 2.1 people (not a typo) and 12.0 people per square mile.
Lucky you. If I lived in such a sparsely dense place I'd feel safe from COVID in the outdoors. Will probably wear a space helmet when entering places like Costco/Publix/Trader Joe

Least dense place here is 7,600/sq mi

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Lucky you. If I lived in such a sparsely dense place I'd feel safe from COVID in the outdoors. Will probably wear a space helmet when entering places like Costco/Publix/Trader Joe

Least dense place here is 7,600/sq mi

I actually live in a rural development...sixteen lots, each 40 acres/16 ha, per square mile (a square mile being roughly 2.56 square km.). With, therefore 16 houses per square mile (once it all gets built on) it's dense for rural but ridiculously empty by city standards.

[Yes it's true: With a mile = 1.6 km, a square km is an APS-C square mile. :ROFLMAO: ]

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA

OK, this is the first time I ever looked this up. The population density in the small-to-mid size town I live in is 1,780 people per square mile. That's not counting the much larger county it's in which has less population.

Dolina, do you have a lot of hills or mountains in Manilla, or is it more flat-ish? I'm guess that there are lots of islands near you?

SteveC, are you in the mountainous west of the state, or the flat-ish east side? It's quite a beautiful state. I daresay your mountains are just a "tad" higher than ours! :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
OK, this is the first time I ever looked this up. The population density in the small-to-mid size town I live in is 1,780 people per square mile. That's not counting the much larger county it's in which has less population.

Dolina, do you have a lot of hills or mountains in Manilla, or is it more flat-ish? I'm guess that there are lots of islands near you?

SteveC, are you in the mountainous west of the state, or the flat-ish east side? It's quite a beautiful state. I daresay your mountains are just a "tad" higher than ours! :ROFLMAO:

You have mountains? :ROFLMAO: The highest point in the US east of the Mississippi barely reaches the bottom of my well. And I'm not even in the mountains.

I'm in the flat-ish area, but close to the Front Range--which is both the first string of, really foothills except for Pikes Peak, and also the name for the string of cities running just east of it from Pueblo up through Fort Collins.

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
You have mountains? :ROFLMAO: The highest point in the US east of the Mississippi barely reaches the bottom of my well. And I'm not even in the mountains.

I'm in the flat-ish area, but close to the Front Range--which is both the first string of, really foothills except for Pikes Peak, and also the name for the string of cities running just east of it from Pueblo up through Fort Collins.
Fair enough! I once lived in Florida - I was the highest point in the state when I climbed up my step-ladder and raised my arms! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Upvote 0