Laowa introduces the 20mm f/4 Zero-D shift lens for Canon RF and EF

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
The lens (or I should say, the one I have) is sharp enough for me to consider it for real work - there are more examples in the written review.
I've been working a few days (yay!) but will be adding some more example shots to the written review this weekend (one reason I like the written stuff more than videos!)

I did need to drop to f/11 for strong shift (causing howls of pain from those worried about diffraction)
A minor issue might be that I only have a 26MP RP to test it, not my 5Ds

Where I did get some softness, it often turned out to be less than perfect focusing

Filters don't really figure in my work -maybe an ND on my 24, but not of the really wide.
Thanks Keith. Keep up the good work. The book and website is great.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Filters don't really figure in my work -maybe an ND on my 24, but not of the really wide.
I often shoot architecture during business travel, and while I prefer shooting at blue hour sometimes that’s not possible and I’m limited to daytime shooting. A 10-stop ND allows daytime exposures long enough to blur out people walking by. I have a screw-in B+W for my TS-E 24, and the Wonderpana 145mm for my TS-E 17.

Since the pandemic limited my travels, I haven’t yet tested the Canon vND drop-in for that use case.

Upvote 0