Leica Q Hands-On Field Test by The Camera Store

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ye9TrMw_nHI" width="728" height="409" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></p>
<p>The Camera Store has completed their hands-on field test of the brand new Leica Q. This fullframe, fixed lens, mirrorless offering from Leica appears to be the real deal. The lens is a 28mm f/1.7 Summilux and looks like it performs as one would expect it to. Is it worth its $5000+ pricetag? By the looks of this review, it seems to be.</p>

Jun 25, 2012
Canada
sanj said:
Not saying if the camera is good or bad. But the shops will justify its price to ensure people buy it and hopefully from them. My opinion.

I shop at The Camera Store very regularly and Chris, as well as the other people there, always give honest feedback on each camera body, lens, and other equipment. They won't BS for the sake of selling something. They were quite hard on the Leica T, for example.

When I was having so much trouble with Canon and my faulty 1DX they went so far as to get their own Canon rep involved for me. The Camera Store has also helped me out before when a lens was out of its two week return window. They are absolutely, by far, the best camera retailer I have ever dealt with.

If I lived down in the U.S. right now I'd be ordering a boat load from them considering how crappy our Canadian dollar is and the fact that there is no import costs to buying camera equipment from here.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
R1-7D said:
sanj said:
Not saying if the camera is good or bad. But the shops will justify its price to ensure people buy it and hopefully from them. My opinion.

I shop at The Camera Store very regularly and Chris, as well as the other people there, always give honest feedback on each camera body, lens, and other equipment. They won't BS for the sake of selling something. They were quite hard on the Leica T, for example.

When I was having so much trouble with Canon and my faulty 1DX they went so far as to get their own Canon rep involved for me. The Camera Store has also helped me out before when a lens was out of its two week return window. They are absolutely, by far, the best camera retailer I have ever dealt with.

If I lived down in the U.S. right now I'd be ordering a boat load from them considering how crappy our Canadian dollar is and the fact that there is no import costs to buying camera equipment from here.

Ok good. I stand corrected. :)

Upvote 0