Lensbaby announces the Obscura pinhole lens system for the RF mount

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Lensbaby, the leader in award-winning creative effect camera lenses, is launching its revolutionary Obscura lens. A camera obscura, the ancestor of the photographic camera, is a darkened room with a small hole or lens at one side through which an image is projected onto a wall or table opposite the hole. Dating back to the 4th century BCE, this experience is the earliest image projection technique known to the industry.
Lensbaby is hosting a virtual launch party on June 21st where the newest Obscura lens will be revealed. Free tickets are available on Lensbaby’s website.
The Lensbaby Obscura comes in two versions — a 50mm Pinhole/Zone Plate/Pinhole Sieve optic for their Optic Swap System, and a standalone 16mm Pinhole/Zone Plate/Pinhole Sieve pancake lens (though pinholes are not technically lenses) for mirrorless cameras.
“Pinhole photography taught me to see composition, contrast, leading lines, and the shape of things in ways that led me to make some of my most powerful images,”...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2011
You can make your own ‘pinhole’ lens for $5 max. Take a body cap, drill a hole in it in the center, cover the hole with foil tape then stick a pin in it. Done.

If you want a different focal length then use extension tubes with it.

if you want it to be sharper make one with a smaller hole but you are going to have to make your exposure longer.

Upvote 0