Long Exposures

Feb 1, 2013
DJMillard said:
Hi all, I'm new here (as you can probably tell from the post count).

I thought the best way to say hi was to post a few images from earlier this week.

David.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm generally not a fan of these types of shots (I don't like when water looks too much like featureless smoke...not that yours does, per se). I must say these are very nice for sure! Keep up the good work, you definitely have an artist's vision! The best part is the cloud movement has created subtle "lead in lines"...and you knew how to frame it to get an interesting proportion/relationship of what's below the horizon, to what's above.

Upvote 0
CarlTN said:
Marine, nice picture, especially the color of the water...but wouldn't it have been a more successful composition if it were panned up a bit, to show more of the water, perhaps including the horizon and some of the sky?

Great question, I just didn't feel this other shot had the same type of visual impact on the wide end as it did up tight.

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2013
Marine03 said:
CarlTN said:
Marine, nice picture, especially the color of the water...but wouldn't it have been a more successful composition if it were panned up a bit, to show more of the water, perhaps including the horizon and some of the sky?

Great question, I just didn't feel this other shot had the same type of visual impact on the wide end as it did up tight.

Good point, but the color tone is off in the other image...the sky is boring as is, but it could have been tweaked with a grad filter in LR or PS. It looks like a peaceful place though, I like it!

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2013
Marine03 said:
CarlTN said:
Good point, but the color tone is off in the other image...the sky is boring as is, but it could have been tweaked with a grad filter in LR or PS. It looks like a peaceful place though, I like it!

Emerald Isle North Carolina, nice quiet beach town I'll have some more long exposures up soon I hope

Look forward to them!

Upvote 0