Macro Rf 100 lens

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
The Rf 100 f2.8 Macro lens Is their been any news on it Coming out I was hopping it would make an appearance before the season starts in the uk ?
What's wrong with the EF version? I'm using it on the R5. Performs great, and the ergonomics are very good with the extender. AF excellent. Sharpness fine too!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
What's wrong with the EF version? I'm using it on the R5. Performs great, and the ergonomics are very good with the extender. AF excellent. Sharpness fine too!
Not so satisfied with mine (relatively speaking).
Macro sharpness superb, landscape sharpness (sides and corners) good...
Yes, I know, it's a macro...

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Not so satisfied with mine (relatively speaking).
Macro sharpness superb, landscape sharpness (sides and corners) good...
Yes, I know, it's a macro...
I use mine for macro and occasionally very tight portraits emphasizing eyes. Never even thought about landscape!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
My EF 100L works fine on my R5, but I'd certainly look at a RF 100mm 2:1 as rumored. My limited experience with my RF lenses has been very good. I only have two consumer RF lenses because I kept all of my EF "L" lenses. I'd prefer a 150-200mm focal length to go with a 2:1 lens but a 100mm would still be worth considering if it had that higher magnification.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
My EF 100L works fine on my R5, but I'd certainly look at a RF 100mm 2:1 as rumored. My limited experience with my RF lenses has been very good. I only have two consumer RF lenses because I kept all of my EF "L" lenses. I'd prefer a 150-200mm focal length to go with a 2:1 lens but a 100mm would still be worth considering if it had that higher magnification.
Help with the notation. Does 2:1 mean twice the magnification or half of 1:1? I would understand the relative appeal if double, and wonder about it if only half.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
The Rf 100 f2.8 Macro lens Is their been any news on it Coming out I...
I'd expect an RF 100 f/2 macro first. See these rumors:

Might become bigger and more expensive than the EF 100 f2.8 Macro lens.
If you want one now/soon, get the EF.
If you don't want to spend too much money and switch to RF then get the non-L EF. Optics still great, you'll only miss the HIS (and maybe the third position of the limiter switch - I would).

If you can wait - then of course wait for an RF.

Upvote 0