Many EOS RP kits discontinued on B&H

Mar 25, 2011
That makes sense, a kit with expensive lenses costing the same as the camera probably is not selling. They now kit the inexpensive lens with it, a beginner lens with a beginner camera. That's what's selling. Its expensive to keep items in inventory that sell slowly so with hard times on us, expect slow sellers to go away.

The more expensive lenses are more suited with a R6 or R

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
That makes sense, a kit with expensive lenses costing the same as the camera probably is not selling. They now kit the inexpensive lens with it, a beginner lens with a beginner camera. That's what's selling. Its expensive to keep items in inventory that sell slowly so with hard times on us, expect slow sellers to go away.

The more expensive lenses are more suited with a R6 or R

This is why when I reference my recent purchase of this very kit as a refurb, I call it the RF 24-105 f/4.0 L with RP accessory.

Basically Canon did not drop the price of the lens + R5 in that kit, so looking for some way to reduce the hit of $1100, I decided that (effectively) getting an RP for 250 bucks would be it.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
This is why when I reference my recent purchase of this very kit as a refurb, I call it the RF 24-105 f/4.0 L with RP accessory.

Basically Canon did not drop the price of the lens + R5 in that kit, so looking for some way to reduce the hit of $1100, I decided that (effectively) getting an RP for 250 bucks would be it.
I think that a lot of people were thinking the same. Good move!

Upvote 0