Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Attachments

• IMG_3183_stitch_shrunk.jpg
    IMG_3183_stitch_shrunk.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 2,201
Upvote 0
thanks! I really love that shot. I attribute it good timing and the quick reflexes of my 7D! I also have a shot from that burst of them when they are exactly crossing each other, but this one shows much better.

ajfotofilmagem said:
chasinglight said:
Here are a few from the Chicago Air and Water Show.

Great pictures. The meeting of two planes left me with a shiver down the spine.

Upvote 0
I love this one. The snowy background really sets the scene and the perspective is very interesting. How did you get that perspective?

Viper28 said:
USAF MC-130 Talon II
11011939203_d82636fc73_b.jpg

Upvote 0
Viper28 said:
chasinglight said:
I love this one. The snowy background really sets the scene and the perspective is very interesting. How did you get that perspective?

Basically you climb a 500" mountain and let it fly below you at 250". Of course the trick is knowing which valley they are going to use and then hope they do

I'd be it'd be easy to make friends with the air crew and make a deal for some back-channel info on which valley's they're going to make their practice runs through.

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2013
Drizzt321 said:
Basically you climb a 500" mountain and let it fly below you at 250". Of course the trick is knowing which valley they are going to use and then hope they do

I'd be it'd be easy to make friends with the air crew and make a deal for some back-channel info on which valley's they're going to make their practice runs through.
[/quote]

I could not possibly comment on if that sort of thing goes on or not ;) But a lot of aircrew have a lot of nice pics on there walls

Upvote 0

WPJ

Dec 17, 2012
Viper28 said:
Drizzt321 said:

I could not possibly comment on if that sort of thing goes on or not ;) But a lot of aircrew have a lot of nice pics on there walls
[/quote]

the joys of living near a training base

Upvote 0
Last year I went up to our local airport which was Barnes Airport in Westfield Ma the F-15's were doing some drills that weekend so I staked out a spot for a couple of hours and came up with these. Sorry I didn't have a chase plane to get those great aerial shots like some on the thread but hey this was the best I could do with my feet still on the ground and my lunch still in my stomach. Enjoy

Attachments

• F-15 Take-Off Afterburners VaporTrail RS Forum.jpg
    F-15 Take-Off Afterburners VaporTrail RS Forum.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 2,137
  • F-15 Take-Off Low Ground Clearance RS Forum.jpg
    F-15 Take-Off Low Ground Clearance RS Forum.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,130
  • F-15 Take-Off Afterburners RS Forum.jpg
    F-15 Take-Off Afterburners RS Forum.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,118
Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Here are my point and shoot Photos, Sorry Last 2 Pictures are shot pass thru the window in Cruise Ship-Not Good Photos.
Thanks.
Surapon

Attachments

• X-1.jpg
    X-1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,084
  • X-2.jpg
    X-2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,036
  • X-3.jpg
    X-3.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,003