Miscellaneous

An HDR 'effect' rather than a true HDR since it was developed from a single file. I don't generally like HDR much since so often it's taken way over the top. However, I thought I'd give it a go. The back end of the truck is missing intentionally. There was a sign occluding the back that I was not about to spend time trying to remove, so I went for this inadequate effort.

Attachments

• _MG_7097 copy copy_edited-1.jpg
    _MG_7097 copy copy_edited-1.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
I couldn't figure out where to post this so it ended up here.
Super simple setup , a glass cooking dish to hold the water and i hung a ziploc bag from the ceiling with some string and filled it 1/4 full of water and stuck a tiny hole in it with a needle to create drops. 1 wireless flash 10 inches to the left (ex-430II) set on 1/32 power .I used a bolt standing up in the dish to manually focus where the water was dripping (live view 10x magnification) then removed it. set the camera to 100 iso , 1/200 shutter , f9 and high speed burst. when a drop fell i hit the wired remote and got between 2 and 4 shots per drop. a LOT of shots were missed so i ended up taking about 300 and got at least 40 keepers , but this is the one i liked best.
5D3_3306 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr

Upvote 0
sedwards said:
I couldn't figure out where to post this so it ended up here.
Super simple setup , a glass cooking dish to hold the water and i hung a ziploc bag from the ceiling with some string and filled it 1/4 full of water and stuck a tiny hole in it with a needle to create drops. 1 wireless flash 10 inches to the left (ex-430II) set on 1/32 power .I used a bolt standing up in the dish to manually focus where the water was dripping (live view 10x magnification) then removed it. set the camera to 100 iso , 1/200 shutter , f9 and high speed burst. when a drop fell i hit the wired remote and got between 2 and 4 shots per drop. a LOT of shots were missed so i ended up taking about 300 and got at least 40 keepers , but this is the one i liked best.
5D3_3306 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr

Nice work!

Upvote 0