Hi all,

Here are some pics of a beautiful bull taken in the forest near Québec city last fall. All the family was there (pics on my web site) but i followed the male in the forest for more than 2 hours to be able to take a few interesting shots in this very busy environnement. Very cloudy day with first snow (ice) falling. Pics taken with 1DX and the 70-200mm IS ll. Almost all full frame or very slighly reframed for composition.

25bm.jpg

Exifs and more pictures: www.pbase.com/pbon

6pd9.jpg

6wn9.jpg

THX for watching!

Pierre Bonenfant said:
Hi all,

Here are some pics of a beautiful buck taken in the forest near Québec city last fall. All the family was there (pics on my web site) but i followed the male in the forest for more than 2 hours to be able to take a few interesting shots in this very busy environnement. Very cloudy day with first snow (ice) falling. Pics taken with 1DX and the 70-200mm IS ll. Almost all full frame or very slighly reframed for composition.
THX for watching!
Very good images indeed! I particularly liked the first one. In my part of the world we have lots of moose and I love their majestic movement. But to shoot a specimen of this quality in my woods, you would have to work hard and be very patient. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0
Eldar said:
Pierre Bonenfant said:
Hi all,

Here are some pics of a beautiful buck taken in the forest near Québec city last fall. All the family was there (pics on my web site) but i followed the male in the forest for more than 2 hours to be able to take a few interesting shots in this very busy environnement. Very cloudy day with first snow (ice) falling. Pics taken with 1DX and the 70-200mm IS ll. Almost all full frame or very slighly reframed for composition.
THX for watching!
Very good images indeed! I particularly liked the first one. In my part of the world we have lots of moose and I love their majestic movement. But to shoot a specimen of this quality in my woods, you would have to work hard and be very patient. Thanks for sharing!

+1

Upvote 0
Pierre Bonenfant said:
Hi all,

Here are some pics of a beautiful bull taken in the forest near Québec city last fall. All the family was there (pics on my web site) but i followed the male in the forest for more than 2 hours to be able to take a few interesting shots in this very busy environnement. Very cloudy day with first snow (ice) falling. Pics taken with 1DX and the 70-200mm IS ll. Almost all full frame or very slighly reframed for composition.

25bm.jpg

6pd9.jpg

6wn9.jpg

THX for watching!
love the moose shots they are my white whale have ton of small bulls no mossy's

Upvote 0
I have always felt that moose are exotic and calm animals and especially the male moose are quite awesome to watch. Thanks for the excellent pictures which are shot to perfection. While I was visiting Algonquin provincial park and staying in Algonquin lakeside inn I had some close encounters with whole lot of moose families. These pictures in the thread remind me of my last trip to Algonquin Park where I had spend some memorable days.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Jackson_Bill, sounds like a depressing read! Is it good? They're particularly fond of young willows that have been planted not too many years back. And they're not gentle about how they go about it! ;)

The one in the photo with the mountain ash walked within 15 feet of me - his expression spoke volumes - "what's the problem". He first had to rub his antlers to snap it off and then he ate a couple leaves!

Jack

Upvote 0