More talk about the Canon Cinema EOS C50

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I am quite impatient to listen to Canon's message on the 24th of September.
I must confess being quite lost with a C70 name that would be priced above 6000 $ ?

Again this would be a bizarre marketing price positionning given the C line structure...
C70 price should be "below" C100 or in the same level.

Now this announcement of a C50 creates even more surprise.
Using the C200 sensor... OK, well this is quite interesting.

Question to the community: All footages I could see on Internet using the C200 are kind of yellowish/greenish compared to the classical color science of Canon. The first time I had seen such footages, I thought the camera was a Panasonic one.

Do videographers have had the same impression using their C200?

Thanks for the feedback.
if anything the video is magneta. the original c100 was very green. the new is more neutral in the c200

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
I must confess being quite lost with a C70 name that would be priced above 6000 $ ?

Again this would be a bizarre marketing price positionning given the C line structure...
The name corresponds to the size.
The C50 and C70 will be smaller than C100

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Now this announcement of a C50 creates even more surprise.
Using the C200 sensor... OK, well this is quite interesting.

Question to the community: All footages I could see on Internet using the C200 are kind of yellowish/greenish compared to the classical color science of Canon. The first time I had seen such footages, I thought the camera was a Panasonic one.

Do videographers have had the same impression using their C200?

Thanks for the feedback.

This is the first time I've heard this but have been renting a C200 for the last year on various shoots. I will admit for events I had been shooting in 8 bit for convenience, for a couple I shot RAW and ended up with slightly greenish/yellowish skin tones (all lit by daylight) I have to work hard to correct.

Also, the c70 looks like the camera I have been waiting for (I own the C100 mk2)

Upvote 0