Must Watch EPIC Volvo Commercial by Andreas Nilsson

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
I don't if this video is made with Canon gear but I don't know where else to post it ... this is an EPIC video made by Andreas Nilsson ... consider that Van Dame is 53 years old, cannot for his life, yet the director (Andreas Nilsson) saw the potential in the aging actor, the trucks, the scenery, the music and everything else about this short video ... a truly EPIC vision by the director ... anyway here is the description by USA today:
"The new film is a simple but breathtaking premise: directed by Andreas Nilsson, it shows Van Damme standing on the wing mirrors of two moving trucks. As the camera pans back, the trucks slowly move apart, until Van Damme is performing a perfect splits.
The stunt was captured in one take with no breaks, following three days of rehearsal by the production team, so the final version could be captured within a 15 minute window when the morning light was right. It was filmed on a deserted airfield in Spain. "When I saw the storyboard, I thought it looked amazing," Van Damme apparently commented while on the set. "It's very majestic and very powerful." Yes it is, Jean-Claude, yes it is.
Credits:
Agency: Forsman Bodenfors
Production company: Folke Film
Director: Andreas Nilsson"

Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme (Live Test 6)

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Here is an article from:
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/14/jean-claude-van-damme-does-sky-high-split-between-two-trucks/
Jean-Claude Van Damme has a new job as a truck salesman, but he’s managed to make it as exciting as one of his action films.

"The Muscles from Brussels" is looking as limber as ever in a new Volvo Trucks commercial, where he performs a never before seen stunt at age 53.

It begins on Van Damme’s face, pulling out to reveal that he’s standing on top of the side view mirrors of two Volvo semis travelling in reverse on an airplane runway in Spain.

As they slowly back up, the trucks move away from each other, spreading the martial artist's legs apart until he is in one of his signature full splits as the trucks continue driving into the sunset.

Appropriately titled “The Epic Split,” Volvo says the advertisement is the real deal and that while some safety equipment was digitally removed, no computer trickery is involved in the actual stunt, at least not on camera.

The feat was designed to demonstrate the company’s new dynamic steering system, which is electronically assisted to deliver control for its big rigs that’s apparently unparalleled, so to speak.

Music video director Andreas Nilsson directed the commercial, using Enya’s “Only Time” as the soundtrack.

Its lyric, “Who can say where the road goes?” very fitting for someone in Van Damme’s position as the camera fades to black.

Wherever the destination, here’s hoping there was a bag of ice waiting for him there.

Upvote 0
I

iam2nd

Amazing on many levels! Just the fact alone of precision driving a tractor-trailer backwards at speed without jackknifing is amazing, which I think Volvo is showcasing.

I wonder if they had him in a safety harness and edited out the wire? I really don't want to believe that because I think Van Damme can actually do what's shown in the video. Regardless, it's awesome!

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
iam2nd said:
Amazing on many levels! Just the fact alone of precision driving a tractor-trailer backwards at speed without jackknifing is amazing, which I think Volvo is showcasing.

I wonder if they had him in a safety harness and edited out the wire? I really don't want to believe that because I think Van Damme can actually do what's shown in the video. Regardless, it's awesome!
They did have him in a safety harness which was edited out in PP ... still, the fact that 2 trucks were reversing at a considerable speed that too keeping it straight, and that JCVD is 53 years old, plus the combination of the directors vision and Enya's song make this video EPIC!

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
iam2nd said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Appropriately titled “The Epic Split,” Volvo says the advertisement is the real deal and that while some safety equipment was digitally removed, no computer trickery is involved in the actual stunt, at least not on camera.

I need to read more carefully in the future :)
:)

Upvote 0