My 5D Mark III portraits

Drizzt321

EOS 5D Mark IV
Nov 23, 2011
1,667
0
Lala land
www.aaronbaff.com
wickidwombat said:
I love the colours and tones of this one you wouldnt want to share your PP settings would you
also the oof looks much better on this one than that previous one even though its the same lens whats up with that?

If you notice, he said in a response to me that he did PP OOF effect on that, not real OOF from the lens itself.
 
Oct 23, 2012
197
0
33
www.florianbieler.de
wickidwombat said:
florianbieler.de said:
Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC USD



I love the colours and tones of this one you wouldnt want to share your PP settings would you
also the oof looks much better on this one than that previous one even though its the same lens whats up with that?

Don't know which picture you are referring to. I edited the first one with AlienSkin Bokeh to make it look like that, the other one's bokeh is real. For the tones I either use AlienSkin Exposure or Nik Color Efex.
 
C

crasher8

Guest
If I wasn't married, that first one would be my desktop photo
 
Oct 23, 2012
197
0
33
www.florianbieler.de
PhotographAdventure said:
Excellent shots with the mk III. Must be cold in the snowy winter. Is it take her coat off for 3 minutes, grab some shots, then put the coat back on and heat up in the car? Surely the model can only take so much.

Yup it works somehow like that. Actually it wasn't even That cold that day. Shot again today in the snow and fcuk it, THAT was cold. See results later. ::)
 

Hill Benson

EOS M6 Mark II
Mar 19, 2012
79
1
Great shots florianbieler. You have managed to remove any doubts I had with regards to in IQ in terms of the Tamron 24-70.

Thanks for sharing.
 

lucuias

EOS M6 Mark II
Sep 26, 2012
70
11
Penang,Malaysia
rcstudio.com.my
florianbieler.de said:
A selection of my best portraits since I own my 5D Mark III, which is for a little over three months now. Owned a 500D/Rebel T2i before, the difference is vast, I believe I don't need to tell you. You can find others on my website www.florianbieler.de or on facebook, if you got that.

Here we got some taken with the 100mm 2.8L:

8112855072_2d708c90e4_o.jpg


8109249802_32954063bc_o.jpg


Before that I owned the 100mm 2.8 non-L, also great for portraits.

7677568270_c38dd8e3bf_o.jpg


7623431800_3295dd35ad_h.jpg


The 70-200 4.0 non-L also makes a nice portrait lens, if space is available.

8067244872_cc6f6262d4_h.jpg


And these ones were taken with the Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC

7623433502_fbac7b6d12_h.jpg


7856656060_bfaecb42ce_b.jpg


I love that thing.

I like the 3rd image.That is amazing.I should try that sometimes.
 
florianbieler.de said:
PhotographAdventure said:
Excellent shots with the mk III. Must be cold in the snowy winter. Is it take her coat off for 3 minutes, grab some shots, then put the coat back on and heat up in the car? Surely the model can only take so much.

Yup it works somehow like that. Actually it wasn't even That cold that day. Shot again today in the snow and fcuk it, THAT was cold. See results later. ::)

looking forward to those results!
 

perperub

I'm New Here
Jan 22, 2013
12
0
Sweden
Florian: I see in your signature that you do not longer have the Tamron 24-70/2.8. Is it so and if so, why? No good?

Pär
 
Oct 23, 2012
197
0
33
www.florianbieler.de
perperub said:
Florian: I see in your signature that you do not longer have the Tamron 24-70/2.8. Is it so and if so, why? No good?

Pär

Overall I was satisfied with the Tamron, but I also got a 17-40 now which is a more likeable lens for a hike or something because of the extra milimeters at the bottom. For portait I use 100L or 135L when I can and I always try to. I did not mount the Tamron that often and when I did, I used it mainly in lower focal ranges, I almost never use anything between 50 and 70mm.

Anyway, I am waiting for the new 50mm IS and when this releases, I would have sold the Tamron anyway. I got a 35mm IS for now and that is smaller, lighter and faster than the Tamron so it's probably going to be my hand-held-walkaround lens until or if an affordable 50 IS drops.
 

wickidwombat

EOS R5
Oct 27, 2011
4,543
0
florianbieler.de said:
perperub said:
Florian: I see in your signature that you do not longer have the Tamron 24-70/2.8. Is it so and if so, why? No good?

Pär

Overall I was satisfied with the Tamron, but I also got a 17-40 now which is a more likeable lens for a hike or something because of the extra milimeters at the bottom. For portait I use 100L or 135L when I can and I always try to. I did not mount the Tamron that often and when I did, I used it mainly in lower focal ranges, I almost never use anything between 50 and 70mm.

Anyway, I am waiting for the new 50mm IS and when this releases, I would have sold the Tamron anyway. I got a 35mm IS for now and that is smaller, lighter and faster than the Tamron so it's probably going to be my hand-held-walkaround lens until or if an affordable 50 IS drops.

interested in seeing pics with the 35 IS i decided to go with the siggy 1.4 so far very happy with the decision as it is amazingly sharp but the 35 IS did look really nice too
 
Oct 23, 2012
197
0
33
www.florianbieler.de
Dropped the 35IS again... for a 50L which will probably be of more use to me regarding my portrait work. Gonna use it this weekend for the first time on a girl, be sure to check in for the results ;)
 
<-- start Taboola -->