New Canon imagePROGRAF printers have been delayed for almost a year [CR2]

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Today I was at a Canon Flagship Store in Salzburg, where I was told that the Pro-1000 upgrade will be announced in Jan 23. They were told that the new model will be more expansive, but with lower ink costs due to larger cartridges or bottles similar to epson ecotank system.
...just about a month away. I am very much looking forward to reading about the Pro-1000 upgrade.

I've checked Keith Cooper's (indispensable) site and I don't see any other rumors about Pro-1000 upgrades and rumors...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Today I was at a Canon Flagship Store in Salzburg, where I was told that the Pro-1000 upgrade will be announced in Jan 23. They were told that the new model will be more expansive, but with lower ink costs due to larger cartridges or bottles similar to epson ecotank system.
Hi, do you have any more information on that now in march?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Canon Pro 1000 is a bargain at current price for many reasons that likely will be eliminated with the new release.
You are now able to get from Precision colors refills sans few colors that need to be OEM ( CO, Blue, Red, Yellow) which brings the cost down to 20$ if you disable the chips, to 35$ if you purchase the chips / per cartridge) that is going to be cancelled in the new release and a new work around is going to start to match those colors, canon is aware of those hacks and the bean counters do not like it, they will do everything possible to strike out this option.
Another reason why it is a bargain now is the abuse of the pro 1000 by resellers, they yank out the print head and sell it at full face same with the OEM inks and maintenance cartridge , then they sell the mutated body for whatever price they get ( Local pick up no Shipping and handling) that practice makes those printers very hard to find once a new model hits the market, I for myself decided to get a second one at this low price and keep it as a backup to my 5 years old pro 1000 just in case something goes wrong, I know I will not find a replacement down the road for this price with the exponential inflation we are in that does not seem to get any better.
The output of this beast is unrivaled, and I am not sure what more improvement that will be recognized by my eyes ( although I might be surprised) Canon will bring in the new replacement other than jacked up price , inability to do third party inks?

Upvote 0