New model Phottix Odin announced

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
This looks good! It's the new model Odin and it has a very welcome focus assist lamp.
http://flashhavoc.com/phottix-odin-ii-ttl-flash-trigger-announced/
I'm increasingly admiring Phottix products, I wish I hadn't left it so long to get Odins which I've has for around 6 months now...they're awesome. (even without focus assist ;D)

The other very interesting Phottix announcement is for the TTL & HSS capable Indra 500 mono:
http://flashhavoc.com/phottix-indra500-ttl-announced/

I've got to say an area of photographic gear that is evolving like crazy is lighting, all the way from speed-lights to studio gear, and most of the innovation is being spearheaded by China. I'm loving it.

-pw

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
I love Phottix products, exceptional quality and flawless performance! I started out with their Strato System several years ago, never had a fail, quickly jumped to the Odin when they came out with it, simply excellent and I have little doubt that I'll jump to the new Odin II system soon enough.. Nothing wrong with my original Odin system at all, I've never had a misfire, ever. I have the main unit and 5 triggers, love it!

I like the bright green buttons on the new system. I at first I thought it was a little cheesy looking but I think it'll actually be very helpful now, especially at dusk or darker venues to see the buttons a bit easier...

I've never had an issue recommending their products to anyone. They work perfect with all my Canon gear and are always at such a great price point.. ;D

Upvote 0
pwp said:
Arthur_Nunes said:
Where did you read that?

-pw

That's the point. There is no mention about ODS on the releases. If its a so important feature, why conceal it in the feature list or how could they forget it?

I know they can fix it via firmware update, but that would be sloppy. New Odins should come ODS ready straight out of the factory since it's not a new feature to Phottix

Upvote 0