One thing led to another...

I stopped in small town called Greylingstad yesterday on my way to photograph a coal mine. It was early morning and the light was great. I stopped to photograph an old house , the owner came out and said hi, and I asked if I could photograph her. She said yes. When she saw the image on screen she asked if she could show her mother and invited me inside. We waited in the kitchen while her mother got dressed and I made another photo of her there. this is the one I like most ....more images from my short stopover in Greylingstad here at...http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2013/08/greylingstad.html

Attachments

• IvanM-7731-dpr.jpg
    IvanM-7731-dpr.jpg
    965.6 KB · Views: 1,053
Thanks everyone for looking!

Yes Greylingstad is in South Africa. Like most small towns here it has seen better days...The opening of the nearby 350million USD Impumulelo coal mine has brought some respite from the decline in that many local people are hired to work on the mine and apparently the guesthouses are doing good business because of the shortage of accommodation for contract workers. The municipal offices are housed in, what looks like, an old art deco building, but like many other buildings here, is in a sorry state of repair...but of course all this makes it quite photogenic imo and being quite far from the major cities the people are friendly and inquisitive...which makes photographing them much easier....unfortunately there are no coffee houses or restaurants to fill a hungry photographers stomach...

Upvote 0