Playing with flash and fairy lights

I really need some propper gels to balance the light colour. Then we can work on the rest of the image (clothes, pose etc)

IMG_2881_b.JPG

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
rfdesigner said:
I really need some propper gels to balance the light colour. Then we can work on the rest of the image (clothes, pose etc)
I like the idea of the pic and I'd say the general composition looks like a promissing approach.
But you are right, color/wb is quite off, as could be ssen by the greenish skin tones.
And I'd prefer the girls eye to be in focus and not the hair/cheek.

Upvote 0
Maximilian said:
rfdesigner said:
I like the idea of the pic and I'd say the general composition looks like a promissing approach.
But you are right, color/wb is quite off, as could be ssen by the greenish skin tones.
And I'd prefer the girls eye to be in focus and not the hair/cheek.

Thanks.

Agreed focus is a touch off, but at the moment that's the least of my problems as it's still at the trial stage.

any recomendations of good gels?

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
rfdesigner said:
nope!
Not very good on this. Only in looking at pictures.
What color do you want to achieve on the snow flakes?
White? If yes I'd go for RAW with WB in post and white to blue gels.
Shifting that to white again should give the skin tone a (more or less) red tone.
(Or I did my intuitive chromatics wrong ;) )

Upvote 0
Maximilian said:
rfdesigner said:
nope!
Not very good on this. Only in looking at pictures.
What color do you want to achieve on the snow flakes?
White? If yes I'd go for RAW with WB in post and white to blue gels.
Shifting that to white again should give the skin tone a (more or less) red tone.
(Or I did my intuitive chromatics wrong ;) )

Yes I'm aiming for white in the flakes.. or even a hint of blue.

I'll need to get the flash colour down to around 2000Kelvin to get that effect. (2500K in post gives me white flakes)

I'm shooting RAW with flat WB to get the exposure right, then playing with WB in post.

Frank: I don't have a gold rescue blanket, it's a reasonable idea but I think it won't be "deep" enough.

Upvote 0