Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

After 40 years I have decided to use artificial lights (!). Today I shot my first series ever, with multiple flashes and soft boxes, using 2 Canon 600EX-RT, mounted in Lastolite soft boxes, remotely controlled by a ST-E3-RT.

The portrait is of my very intellectual mentor, Morten. A great guy, with wisdom beyond most people´s imagination.

1DX, Zeiss Otus 55/1.4
1/250s, f2.0, ISO100

Attachments

• _D7T2519.jpg
    _D7T2519.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Eldar said:
Here´s one more, same model, camera and light setup, but with the Zeiss Otus 85mm f1.4

1/250s, f4.0, ISO100

Well, not too much wrong with the Otus 85 then, lovely Images Eldar.

My Otus 85 is sitting in my Apartment, my Son picked it up for me, won't get to play until he meets us in December, Diving in Komodo, not with the Otus though.

This recent holiday I came away with all Zeiss Lenses with the exception of the 200f/2, challenges the Focussing skills that's for sure, especially in low light conditions.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
eml58 said:
Eldar said:
Here´s one more, same model, camera and light setup, but with the Zeiss Otus 85mm f1.4

1/250s, f4.0, ISO100

My Otus 85 is sitting in my Apartment, my Son picked it up for me, won't get to play until he meets us in December, Diving in Komodo, not with the Otus though.

This recent holiday I came away with all Zeiss Lenses with the exception of the 200f/2, challenges the Focussing skills that's for sure, especially in low light conditions.
+1
Lovely image. The lighting is just right.

Upvote 0
rpt said:
eml58 said:
Eldar said:

1/250s, f4.0, ISO100

+1
Lovely image. The lighting is just right.
Thanks,

Yes, the Otus 85 is just as good as the Otus 55. I am totally sold! Looking at the full resolution RAW files on my monitor, I wonder what these images would have looked like, if I had the (illusive) 50MP, 14 stop DR camera ...

I have never worked with artificial light before, beyond the occasional straight forward flash use. I must admit that it was fun and something I will be doing more of in the future.

Here´s one more, shot with the Otus 55. The Idea of this series was to capture his intellectual character, seasoned face and sharp eyes, and the immense respect I have for him.

Attachments

• _D7T2600.jpg
    _D7T2600.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
Click said:
Focuzed said:
I am new to the site and there are some fantastic shots here. I am also new photography, I plan on getting better as I want to make photography a serious hobby for myself. I captured this one of my wife while a friend took us out sailing in Turkey.

Nice portrait. Welcome to CR :)

Thank you.

Upvote 0
OK, I'll toss one up that is one of my wife's favorite shots of my 2nd son at a pool party. It's from 2010 when he was younger and it was right after I purchased my 5Dc camera used. My son ran up and surprised me and I managed to fire off this shot by reflex. No warning or anything. Fun times!!

Attachments

• 20100531_JonOsborn-memday_0270.jpg
    20100531_JonOsborn-memday_0270.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0