Post your Panoramics!

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Don Haines said:
Sporgon said:
A five shot panoramic shot on the 6D + 40 mil pancake, ISO 100, f11, @1/15. Take in the Fairy Glen near Betws-y-Coed ( means prayer house in the forest originally), Snowdonia, England. I've been trying to get a picture of this when the light is right and it looks magical, for years.

All one exposure with the exception of the extreme highlights in the water which is two stops less.

That is a fantastic shot.....

Many thanks Don, it's only taken me about twenty years to get that one !

And +1 on you comment about using panoramic stitching to make a single prime lens wider. If I'm wanting really minimum gear I just take the camera body and a 40 or 50 mm lens. No problem with field of view ;)

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
Sporgon said:
A five shot panoramic shot on the 6D + 40 mil pancake, ISO 100, f11, @1/15. Take in the Fairy Glen near Betws-y-Coed ( means prayer house in the forest originally), Snowdonia, England. I've been trying to get a picture of this when the light is right and it looks magical, for years.

All one exposure with the exception of the extreme highlights in the water which is two stops less.
Great picture. Just out of curiosity, Do you see any "fault" (at pixel level) in the stitching area that contains water?? Also what software are you using? Thanks

Upvote 0
Istanbul seen from the Galata Tower
P11_Istanbul_Panorama.jpg

Full size here: http://www.robertgallphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/P11_Istanbul_Panorama.jpg
It was taken with the TS-E 45mm and TS-E 17mm hand held because tripods are not allowed up there.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Rocky said:
Sporgon said:

Great picture. Just out of curiosity, Do you see any "fault" (at pixel level) in the stitching area that contains water?? Also what software are you using? Thanks

Sometimes, yes. The water was flowing quite fast in this shot. Any issues I use a patch frame to replace that data.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
meywd said:
Eldar said:
I just made a 6 image stitch of the view from a house I´m renting on Crete. Shot with the 5DSR ... End result 270MP. I tried to export to 4MP, but LR refused. Does anyone know a way around this?

Reduce resolution?
I was wondering the same thing.... what if you resampled your 6 images to 50% size and tried again with the smaller source images?

BTW, I have been using AutoPano Giga.... so far I have not managed to choke it, despite one panorama with 168 18Mpixel images....

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Eldar said:
I just made a 6 image stitch of the view from a house I´m renting on Crete. Shot with the 5DSR ... End result 270MP. I tried to export to 4MP, but LR refused. Does anyone know a way around this?

Push the 'Export" button, in 'File Settings' choose Quality 80, then in the 'Image Sizing' section choose 'Resize to Fit - Long Edge' then put in a reasonable pixel number I use 700 for inline posts and up to 1,500 if I think people might want to see it bigger.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Here's an example of what to do when you don't have a wide enough lens... This pano is from a dozen images (two rows portrait orientation) shot hand held at 17mm on a 60D. It covers about 150 degrees horizontal and 90 degrees vertical.

Stitched together, it shows the large rain cloud rolling in towards me. Even if I had a 10mm lens with me, I could not have captured it in one shot.

Attachments

• StormySunset.jpg
    StormySunset.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0