Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Really? I think a an EOS R Mark II with around 32-34 MP would fit perfectly between an R6 and a R5. The gap between the 20 MP and the 45 MP is imho just too big to not have a another camera slated in between...

The same huge gap actually kept me from buying/ deciding between a 5d and 6d and I almost wound up switching to another brand because I didn't like either option.

Well. Yes. If 20mp is not enough then get the R5. Why have a camera slotted into that small gap in price between the two? It is not like 45mp is such an enormous file now that a fairly average computer cannot deal with processing it.

Upvote 0
Really? I think a an EOS R Mark II with around 32-34 MP would fit perfectly between an R6 and a R5. The gap between the 20 MP and the 45 MP is imho just too big to not have a another camera slated in between...

The same huge gap actually kept me from buying/ deciding between a 5d and 6d and I almost wound up switching to another brand because I didn't like either option.

Yeah, you're probably right, but I'm still hoping for it.

Oh? So you think that sony should slate something between the A7 line and the A7R line because currently 60+MP vs 24MP is an even bigger gap than 20 vs 45. Most point out that the actual detail difference between 20 and 24 is small. With the market shrinking on top of it all it wouldn't make sense for them to put something in between. You would have the RP, R6, R, R5 and eventful R1... 5 camera lines is a lot.

And the gap between 20 MP and 30 MP (6D line vs 5D isn't that big at all). Main differentiator was actually the AF system.

Upvote 0