Preorder the Canon EOS R3, RF 16mm f/2.8 STM, RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM and accessories

Canon AD-P1 Android Smartphone Link Adapter

No Iphone / IOS ?

Looks like the holder keeps the phone perfeclty aligned with camera sensor. My feeling is that in the future mobile phone ( with its helper cameras and it's AI ) is going to control the Canon camera.

Has anyone seen new Iphone 13 cinematic mode? What if that Cinematic mode could controll Canon camera? Bigger sensor, real bokeh, no AI mastubationcy for bokeh, but the AF pulling could need better / AI -based control.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Canon AD-P1 Android Smartphone Link Adapter

No Iphone / IOS ?

Looks like the holder keeps the phone perfeclty aligned with camera sensor. My feeling is that in the future mobile phone ( with its helper cameras and it's AI ) is going to control the Canon camera.

Has anyone seen new Iphone 13 cinematic mode? What if that Cinematic mode could controll Canon camera? Bigger sensor, real bokeh, no AI mastubationcy for bokeh, but the AF pulling could need better / AI -based control.
iPhone/iOS will be dependent on licensing of the proprietary Lightening connector on Apple phones. I'm sure it will come.

I don't think there is any 'perfectly aligned' going on, it's just a hotshot mount phone holder with a fancy connector at the moment. Let's see what the Apps bring.

Upvote 0
iPhone/iOS will be dependent on licensing of the proprietary Lightening connector on Apple phones. I'm sure it will come.

I don't think there is any 'perfectly aligned' going on, it's just a hotshot mount phone holder with a fancy connector at the moment. Let's see what the Apps bring.
I still see perfect alignment…phone has more sensors cameras, more AI input possibilities …

if this was just a phone holder , then why not with ballhead , so you could shoot chest or waist level.

Phone AI could make predictions based on input from ultrawide phone camera if you are paning the setup … There is a deeper idea, why phone holder is not tiltable nor adjustable.

Lets see what the future holds.

Upvote 0
Please see the comparison between the relevant lenses. I think it looks to be better than the 70-300II and slightly worse than the 70-300L. It's by far the lightest, so that alone is worth a lot for me. If you are gunning for top performance you certainly should go for the two at the bottom, but at 1/4 of their costs and half of their weight, the RF 100-400 has a lovable place in my heart.

MTF Compare.png

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Toglife_Anthony

Hit the G.A.S. & pump the brakes at the same time!
Apr 2, 2020
I call BS on Canon's "the order have exceeded our expectations" nonsense. That was believable for the R5/R6 but this, it's marketing nonsense to get people to think the R3 is in crazy hot demand. Given everything else that's been blamed on the pandemic, to say the short supply is due to unexpected demand is laughable. And just to be clear in case it's not evident, this is just my opinion that I cannot back up with any hard data or facts. ;-)

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Please see the comparison between the relevant lenses. I think it looks to be better than the 70-300II and slightly worse than the 70-300L. It's by far the lightest, so that alone is worth a lot for me. If you are gunning for top performance you certainly should go for the two at the bottom, but at 1/4 of their costs and half of their weight, the RF 100-400 has a lovable place in my heart.
It could be unrequited love with the just announced unavailability.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
I call BS on Canon's "the order have exceeded our expectations" nonsense. That was believable for the R5/R6 but this, it's marketing nonsense to get people to think the R3 is in crazy hot demand. Given everything else that's been blamed on the pandemic, to say the short supply is due to unexpected demand is laughable. And just to be clear in case it's not evident, this is just my opinion that I cannot back up with any hard data or facts. ;-)
There is a word for an opinion that cannot be backed up with any hard data or facts... And that word is BS.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I would say you are half right. If demand for the R3 exceeded expectations, then Canon needs to take a serious look at whatever division is in charge of sales projections. If a multinational corporation like Canon can't accurately predict demand for new products, they are doing something wrong.

I would say you are wrong that "it's marketing nonsense to get people to think the R3 is in crazy hot demand."

Demand is likely to exceed supply because of pandemic related supply chain issues, but without Canon releasing more sales figures, we won't know what the demand actually is, but I suspect that the R3 is going to be in "crazy hot demand."

Upvote 0