Preorder the Canon EOS R3, RF 16mm f/2.8 STM, RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM and accessories

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
You can now preorder all of the new Canon gear. The Canon EOS R3 will begin shipping in late November and the new lenses will begin shipping in mid-October.
Canon EOS R3

Canon EOS R3 $5999 \ €6099 \ £5879
Canon Eyecup ER-HE $48 \ £69
Canon AD-E1 Multi-Function Shoe Adapter $39 \ £59
Canon ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter $119 \ £159
Canon DM-E1D Stereo Microphone $299 \ £399
Canon AD-P1 Android...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/preorder-the-canon-eos-r3-rf-16mm-f-2-8-stm-rf-100-400mm-f-5-6-8-is-usm-and-accessories/]Continue reading...

Last edited:

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Preordered the 100-400. Was going to pass on it, but being it works with the extender made it a bit more attractive.
I ordered the R3 (will cancel if reviews are disappointing), but with the 70-200 and 100-500--both already quite compact form factors--I didn't see a place in my workflow for the 100-400.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Here's a question for any current CPS Canada member (I let my Canadian membership lapse during the pandemics I was "trapped" in the US): seeing as this is a professional body, is there a CPS rebate in Canada for members like there was for the 1DX (all 3 marks)? If I recall correctly my 1DX II reatailed for about 7k (Canadian) and the CPS rebate brought it to 6k. It would be good to know the rebate on the R3 if it qualifies.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
yes, just tried Chrome and it works but not in Safari. Weird!
Apple has some hate for cloaked links, I'm not sure if it's a privacy setting or an AdBlock thing. Cloaked links are used for geotagging, so people end up in the right country (Adorama is the default if your country doesn't have a link).

Upvote 0
Apple has some hate for cloaked links, I'm not sure if it's a privacy setting or an AdBlock thing. Cloaked links are used for geotagging, so people end up in the right country (Adorama is the default if your country doesn't have a link).
Ok, thanks, good to know! (I was hoping the "cloaked" link would take me to the R3 in stock somewhere o_O)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Both these lenses will be huge sellers.

I can see myself getting the 16mm before long, although I'll check out the sample shots and studio test charts beforehand. It's just so tiny that I can slip it in a pocket and carry it all the time.

The 100-400mm is no match for the EF version, which luckily I already own. It may very well be a sharp lens, and may prove to be snappy to focus, but at the long end it's a stop slower, so won't be too useful in overcast conditions due to the need to bump up the ISO.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Both these lenses will be huge sellers.

I can see myself getting the 16mm before long, although I'll check out the sample shots and studio test charts beforehand. It's just so tiny that I can slip it in a pocket and carry it all the time.

The 100-400mm is no match for the EF version, which luckily I already own. It may very well be a sharp lens, and may prove to be snappy to focus, but at the long end it's a stop slower, so won't be too useful in overcast conditions due to the need to bump up the ISO.
Pretty much every RF shooter will grab a 16mm. That's the feedback I have been receiving.

Upvote 0