Preproduction Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Sample Gallery

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
DPReview has posted a sample gallery of images taken with a preproduction version of the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III. DPReview <a href="https://www.dpreview.com/articles/8512175252/hands-on-with-new-canon-powershot-g1-x-mark-iii">also posted a series of hands-on images</a> last week while at PhotoPlus EXPO.</p>
<p class="fs16 OpenSans-600-normal upper product-highlights-header"><strong>Key Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Specifications</strong></p>

<ul class="top-section-list" data-selenium="highlightList">
<li class="top-section-list-item">24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">DIGIC 7 Image Processor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">3x Zoom Lens, 24-72mm (35mm Equivalent)</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Built-In Electronic Viewfinder</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">3.0″ Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Image Stabilizer</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">ISO 25600, 9 fps Continuous Shooting</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="https://www.dpreview.com/samples/9587762148/canon-g1-x-mark-iii-pre-production-sample-gallery">View the gallery at DPReview</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Mar 25, 2011
Having owned the MK 1 and the MK II, the image qualities look much better to me, pretty much the same as all the other cameras with a 24 MP sensor.

I do think the price is too high, particularly since my SL2 cost $500 and I can use and select from a wide variety of lenses. Of course, the ones I choose are huge.

The lens aperture is not a big deal to me, the larger sensor compensates. Sure, it could be f/2.8 and a giant lens, just because 1 in sensors have f/2.8 or faster lenses does not mean they let in more light or have shallower DOF.

Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2012
They were actually very decent and showed good performance despite being OOC JPGs.
The high ISO images were the hardest to judge as noise suppression seemed to be dialed quite high.

The camera has a very compact lens that seems to have very decent sharpness. Speed isn't all that great but for the target market that is scarcely a major issue.

People are carping about the price but there is not an APS-C with a leaf shutter and short zoom other than the Leica X-Vario that strolls along at 16MP, no EVF, and a slower lens for more money.

This actually may be a very decent camera for a lot of pros despite its humble station.

Upvote 0