Pro forum vs regular

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
.. or rather VIP forum.

I am of course one of the Pro members and I can't actually answer that, because the threads on that sub-forum look exactly like the other threads, to a casual glance, espcially since I look at "new posts" to see what's happened since the last time I was here. Yes, you can look at the top where (on this thread) it says "Forums > Rumors > EOS Bodies," but unless you go out of your way to look at that, there's nothing to call attention to a thread as being only the pro members can see (like, say a different background color or a request to put on the super-secret eyeglasses before viewing).

So I can't actually say whether there's a ton of activity in that area.

I *can* attest from personal experience that you don't have to actually be a pro to be in that group, however! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
You are missing just the Buy and Sell forum and not much else. And, you have the plus of all those ads so you have more.
Which, to be fair, is more than enough. I actually think it would hurt the athmosphere of the forum in general if it's main appeals would be locked behind a pay wall. Especially now that the one time payment options are gone.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
...And, you have the plus of all those ads so you have more.
:) And the ads have gotten even more intrusive. The poor people's site is becoming almost unreadable on a mobile device, with ads layered on ads.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Ahh. The “Peasant Blockers” seem to be fully operational. (y)

<jk>
Its very expensive to run a forum like this, the owner needs to make a living. That means lots of advertisements. The Pro membership shuts off advertisements. There is a additional forum area for discussions by pro members and a Buy-Sell area but the big benefit comes in keeping the site going.

If a person choses to stick with the ads, that's fine, they are paying their way through advertising revenue. The Pro membership is nice though.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Its very expensive to run a forum like this, the owner needs to make a living. That means lots of advertisements. The Pro membership shuts off advertisements. There is a additional forum area for discussions by pro members and a Buy-Sell area but the big benefit comes in keeping the site going.

If a person choses to stick with the ads, that's fine, they are paying their way through advertising revenue. The Pro membership is nice though.

You did see the <jk>, right?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2012

I would note that the rise in ads across all the various sites I frequent is noticeable. I am not sure if it is a function of increased marketing to those WFH or a function of reduced rates to sites for carrying ads. My guess is the latter as the business model of the internet is to rope everyone in cheap and slowly boil the wallets.
FB is the exemplar for this as they offer less reach per dollar every time one turns around.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I would note that the rise in ads across all the various sites I frequent is noticeable. I am not sure if it is a function of increased marketing to those WFH or a function of reduced rates to sites for carrying ads. My guess is the latter as the business model of the internet is to rope everyone in cheap and slowly boil the wallets.
FB is the exemplar for this as they offer less reach per dollar every time one turns around.

Yet another reason not to be on FaceBook (or any social media)....
:)
cayenne

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0