Problem with EOS Utility downloading images?

scottburgess

Canonical Canon
Jun 20, 2013
I don't know if I did something different, or if it was a software update from Adobe or Canon that screwed things up...

Went to download a few quick images this evening, but the EOS Utility didn't automatically start like usual. My 5Diii was recognized by Windows, but it popped up a "choose what to do with this device" menu that didn't include the EOS Utility. For its part, the EOS Utility icon is still on the tray as usual. Opening the EOS Utility didn't work--I got the "Pairing over wifi/lan" EOS Utility Launcher, as it couldn't recognize my camera was connected.

I used that menu to update the EOS Utility, still no go. Rebooted the machine, still the same. I cannot get to the main menu as that requires a camera be connected. Windows Apps & Features settings don't allow access. Not sure where to go from here. I was able to use the version from several years ago, EOS Utility 2, to download images, but can't get the current version 3 to work anymore.

I did note that Adobe Bridge updated recently, and the EOS Utility auto-plays that usually as it downloads images. Perhaps that is connected?

Anyone else experience this recently, and know what to do?

Scott