R5 Servo Autofocus Eye tracking question.

RJRivero

CR Pro
Sep 14, 2020
In the AF Menu 5 --> Initial Servo AF pt for Face Tracking

There are three options:
1) Initial AF pt set for face Tracking
2) AF pt set for spot af, single-point AF or Expanded AF
3) Auto
"You can set the initial AF point for Servo AF when the AF method is set to [Face + Tracking]
o Initial AF pt set for Face [+]: Servo AF Starts from the AF point set as the initial point for Face + Tracking
o AF pt set for Fine Point, single-point, Expanded AF: Servo AF Continues from the AF point set for spot AF, Single-point AF or Expanded AF when switching to face + Tracking."

So what is the real difference between the first two selections? I'm starting in AF Servo mode, it doesn't seem to matter. If I'm starting in AF One Shot, Lock focus, and then switch to Servo, it doesn't seem to matter.

What am I miss-understanding?

Thanks in advance.

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
In the AF Menu 5 --> Initial Servo AF pt for Face Tracking

There are three options:
1) Initial AF pt set for face Tracking
2) AF pt set for spot af, single-point AF or Expanded AF
3) Auto
"You can set the initial AF point for Servo AF when the AF method is set to [Face + Tracking]
o Initial AF pt set for Face [+]: Servo AF Starts from the AF point set as the initial point for Face + Tracking
o AF pt set for Fine Point, single-point, Expanded AF: Servo AF Continues from the AF point set for spot AF, Single-point AF or Expanded AF when switching to face + Tracking."

So what is the real difference between the first two selections? I'm starting in AF Servo mode, it doesn't seem to matter. If I'm starting in AF One Shot, Lock focus, and then switch to Servo, it doesn't seem to matter.

What am I miss-understanding?

Thanks in advance.
Ha! I've often wondered the same, as I've been using the R for a year, and it has the same options.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0