Railway odds and ends...

AvTvM said:
Hi dpc, really like those 2 of your last series:
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23425.0;attach=162255
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23425.0;attach=162288

where is it? Saskatchewan?

Thanks. Yes, it's south-western Saskatchewan. The town of Kindersley, specifically.

Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
AcutancePhotography said:
snappy604 said:
some railway fun

For the first one did you use first or second curtain flash? Which direction is the loco moving in the image?

long exposure and timing a train coming in front of another. No flash, I worry about upsetting staff. Its already an uneasy tolerance :).

The train you see is stationary in the dark, the neon streak is another train coming in front of it, but under I think about 30 sec exposure 100iso, and I forget aperture, but likely around 8. This was done on a canon 80d

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
dpc said:
AvTvM said:
where is it? Saskatchewan?
Thanks. Yes, it's south-western Saskatchewan. The town of Kindersley, specifically.

Ah, thx! Not been there yet.
Was in Regina and Saskatoon and up north as far as Lac La Ronge and all along Hwy #1 ... many many years ago. Had an absolutely great time there an entire summer long. :)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

snappy604 said:
snappy604 said:
some railway fun

For the first one did you use first or second curtain flash? Which direction is the loco moving in the image?

long exposure and timing a train coming in front of another. No flash, I worry about upsetting staff. Its already an uneasy tolerance :).

The train you see is stationary in the dark, the neon streak is another train coming in front of it, but under I think about 30 sec exposure 100iso, and I forget aperture, but likely around 8. This was done on a canon 80d

Hm,

2sec, iso800 and f/9 is what Fxif reads from the images Exif Data ;)
CP_EXIFs.png

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Thanks Valvebounce!
A thorough may do, but I wouldn't ride on it. Too much gone already, :-\ :eek:.
-r

Valvebounce said:
Hi lion rock.
I like the steam punk, I think the second engine is going to need a little work, mostly it will buff out though! :eek: :)
Lots of great shots from the rest of you too.

Cheers, Graham.

lion rock said:
2 photos.
-r

Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
Photorex said:
snappy604 said:
snappy604 said:
some railway fun

Hm,

2sec, iso800 and f/9 is what Fxif reads from the images Exif Data ;)

yeah I was going by memory, my default go to was 100 iso, 20-30 secs and about f8/f9 on my 7D... but this is on my newer 80D. Interesting that the 80D is showing the exif info, my 7D didn't seem to keep it after processing, but maybe I changed some settings since during one my lightroom updates.. but its why out of memory vs bothering to look.

Attachments

• MG_8308-la.jpg
    MG_8308-la.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0