Railway odds and ends...

JonAustin

Telecom / IT consultant and semi-pro photographer
Dec 10, 2012
Horseshoe Bay, TX
AcutancePhotography said:
I have to admit that I am not getting the "Bourbon & Creosote" composition. Does it have another meaning or context?

I'm not sure what's to get or not get, but agree with others that it's a nice image. IMHO, it would have been better without such a busy / unattractive background (houses & power lines / poles).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
JonAustin said:
AcutancePhotography said:
I have to admit that I am not getting the "Bourbon & Creosote" composition. Does it have another meaning or context?

I'm not sure what's to get or not get, but agree with others that it's a nice image. IMHO, it would have been better without such a busy / unattractive background (houses & power lines / poles).

It is a nice image. I was just wondering if it had a double meaning or some context outside the image.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Daylight Night Train

977A0453-Edit-L.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ChristopherMarkPerez said:
I love this subject, so here are two more -

SP4449 starting her first run of the day. I was one of only a few people to slip down the icy hill to watch 'er light off.

Holiday Express - 2008 by Christopher Mark Perez, on Flickr

X197 inside a roundhouse that was torn down and replaced with a parking lot for piggy-backed container storage. :-\

Very nice, indeed! I really like steam engines. We have only diesels here and that's been the case since I was a small boy (and I'm by no means a spring chicken). There's just something about steam that impresses itself on my senses in a way the diesel doesn't.

Steamlocomotive - X197 (tone mapped) by Christopher Mark Perez, on Flickr

Upvote 0